Need Ideas for Grandmas 80Th Birthday Party

I am planning a surprise birthday party for my grandma for May 5th. I would like to give everyone a nice party favor to take home, any ideas for something that is simple to make, not to expensive but very meaningful? Any other ideas or suggestions to help make this a wonderful party will be appreciated. I have already asked friends and family for photos and memories that I will put into a book for her and I am also having a video made to music to share at the party.....TIA K.

WOW how sweet that is to do a party for your grandma! :-) Well, since you're doing a 'memories' theme for her party by creating a photo album and video for her, for the party favors I would include a photo magnet, and may be with a mini photo album for your guests to take home. :-) I think that would be cool and it stays with the party theme as well as providing a sort of creative memories gift. :-) I hope you like this idea. I wish I could come up with more at this time. Let us know how the party goes! Have fun! G.

I just did my mom's 80th birthday last October and what I did was found a recent photo of her where she had a big smile. I had copies made at Walgreens and then I framed them in little 4x6 frames and had them all lined up on a table when everyone entered. That way everyone got a really nice photo of the birthday girl.

Hope it goes well.

you could give the people tiny clocks- or photo albums to keep their memories, you can try oriental trading company and see if they have any fun party favors. good luck

I think a nice party favor would be a picture of your Grandmother. You could probably do it fairly cheap if you have access to a digital camera. Perhaps you could add a nice border around it or make a simple mat to frame it.
E.

The dollar tree has little eight pack of name tag frames in the party section with the wedding stuff. I found that they make excellent picture frames for wallet sized photos. You could get photo's printed at Wal-Mart for about $.25 each (or at least that's what they use to be), and I think you will find it to be very memorable for everyone, will go with your memory theme, and will only cost you about $.38 a person!

We blew up a picture of My Grandma when she was younger, and had everyone who attended the party sign it with a note all around the edge. At the end of the party she got to take it home and it hangs in her bedroom. She loves it dearly.

Has your grandmother ever talked about things that she enjoyed when she was a child? My grandmother loves to talk about her jacks and her paper dolls. Maybe you could find things like this and put them together with photos of your grandmother.

My mother-in-law turned 50 a few years ago and one of her nieces put together a gift with an item from each year of her life. They were all inexpensive gifts but she really liked it.

Happy Birthday to your grandma and I hope she has many more to come.

1 / 3