Need Ideas for Bunko Group Dinner

Hi Ladies,

I need some suggestions. I am hosting Bunko at my house in early December for our group. The December one is always special because we invite all those who play (subs included) so the group is larger than normal. Which is great! But I need to be a little more budget friendly this year. I have been at home for a year now and this will be our first holiday season without my paycheck so money is a little tight. I need meal ideas. We have had italian the last 5 months so I wanted to change it up. Do you have any suggestions that feed 15-20 on a moderate budget? I am up for anything. Thanks in advance.

So many suggestions! I think I have decided to do small baked potaotes, salad, and soup. A little something for everyone. What I love about this Bunko group is that we each pick a month and do the food only for that month. You don't have to stay and clean up. But when you look at it, you only have to do it once a year. Thanks again for all of the ideas.

I would buy a ham and cut up and serve w/some great cranberry sauce...everything else will fall into place.

Baked Potatoes with various toppings is always easy. If you also make a Broccoli Cheese soup it can be eaten in a bowl or put on top of the potato. There is good soup mix in the produce department near the potatoes at Kroger.
Have fun!

Veggie chili is always cheap yummy and has a huge yield. You could serve it up with cornbread. The new Basics cookbook by Russo has a good black bean chili recipe. It's delicious.

Have everybody bring a dish !........
That will help out greatly w/the expenses !

what about a big pot roast? you can add lots of potatoes, carrots, celery, etc. AND it cooks in a slow cooker so you can enjoy everyone being there without spending all of your time in kitchen (of course, with taht many people you might need 2 slow cookers). Throw in a big salad and dessert. Maybe some apps so people can snack when they get there and you'll be set.

Or spend the money on a spiral ham, then save on sides - you could do both regular and sweet potatoe mashed potatoes (cheap and filling), and other veggies (grilled zuchini and squash, etc). Good luck.

Have you considered doing mexican food? When I host an event, I always make beef enchiladas. It's fairly inexpensive and always gets good reviews. Super simple and you can always have guests bring a side dish such as salsa, queso, or guacamole and chips. I also make spanish rice so that the food goes further. Add a little onion to your ground beef along with enchilada seasoning and tomato sauce and you're good to go. Place the meat mixture in tortillas and bake for 20min. Last but not least, add shredded cheese, sour cream, etc. and you're off to a great start.

I would suggest Mexican...enchiladas go a long way...7 layered dip and chips...Mexican casserole (I have a great recipe if you'd be interested).

Good luck!!!

Baked Potato Bar.....with chili to top it off with.

I am also in a bunco group and here are some of ours:
Fajitas and Margaritas
chicken kebabs, wild rice, salad
BBQ brisket, coleslaw, and potato salad
quiche, salad
Chili with a topping bar
large baked potatoes with a topping bar (veggies, diced ham, cheese, sour cream, green onions, etc)
Baked chicken or Roasted chicken with potatoes and a veggie
Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya, french bread
Pot roast with veggies
HTH!

Have fun!

Make an enchilada casserole with beans and rice on the side.

1 / 3