Need Ideas for Bunco Party Dinner

So I am hosting bunco for a group of 12 ladies. I need to come up with a menu for dinner. It is too hot to want to start up the stove so I wanted more of a cold menu or crockpot menu. I was tossing around ideas and thought maybe make chicken salad sandwiches or turkey salad sandwiches, maybe even shredded bbq chicken in the crock pot. I just don't know. Does anybody have any wonderful suggestions or ideas on what to make? I like to offer two options such as one time I made fajitas and I offered chicken and beef, another time I had a soup buffet and offered three different types of soup. This way they have a choice.

Edit: I will add we do sit down and eat before we start playing.

I love Bunco! K I used to make this when I played bunco and it was a huge hit!! Everyone just went on and on about how good my dinner was. So I did pulled pork sandwiches in the crock pot. With a salad and chips. I also did a super easy apple cobbler for dessert. For the pulled pork I just bought a 3 pound pork roast. All I did was put it in the crock pot on low with A&W rootbeer for about 8 hours. Then right before every one showed up I shredded it and added Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce (brown sugar flavored). Then I just had the sweet Hawaii rolls and provolone cheese to make the sandwiches with. It taste soooo good! and super easy to make pulse I had plenty to feed everyone. I don't know if you want the apple cobbler recipe....just let me know if you do!

I can tell you from personal experience that it's hard to play Bunco and eat a plate full of dinner type food. Finger food is best. Triangle sandwiches, veggies and dip, cut-up fruit and sweet dip, little meat balls, cold cooked shrimp and cocktail sauce, chips and dip, pigs in a blanket, that kind of thing. Plenty of toothpicks for the fruit and meatballs.

You can even do a pizza cut up into smaller squares, or little min-quiches you can find at Costco.

If of course, you are eating first and then sitting down to play, that's a different thing. Sit-down dinner is something I've never done at Bunco before - everyone stands around eating and takes a little here and a little there to their card tables during play. (Why dinner food is hard with 4 people at a table playing - just little cocktail type plates that don't take up much room.)

Have fun!

Taco bars are easy, and though all the individual ingredients add up for the initial setup, all the left over ingredients can be re-used in regular meals the rest of the week. Offer both shredded and chunked lettuce, so if people want to go the salad route they don't feel bad hogging all the lettuce.

When I played Keno one hostess did a salad supper with 3 or 4 different kinds of salad - pasta, fruit, green and something else I think. It was a really good meal !

our all time favorite ladies potluck dinner is salad. Have each lady bring a salad topper and you provide lettuce and a bread for a side and the dressings. It is WONDERFUL and everyone loves a salad bar!

I have been to bunco parties where there was awesome soup in the crockpot with salad and french bread, or how about baking some potatos and having a bunch of topping for a potato bar? The sandwhich thing sounds good too!! Have fun!! I love having table snakcs and treats!

1 / 3