Need Ideas for a Teacher's Birthday Gift...

2 of my kiddos have teachers who are celebrating birthdays next month. I'd like to do something fun and original for them. We're not 'supposed' to give personal gifts to the teachers, the school policy says that the gift should be something relating to the classroom or school. Any ideas would be great!

Volenteer to grade papers, cut out things that have been laminated, donate paper, pencils, crayons and any other school supply she/he may need. Most teachers wind up buying most of those out of their own pocket.

My son gave his teacher his favorite book to add to the class 'library'. Gifts like that always help the teachers out, they usually provide items like that with their own money.

M.,
Something my daughter's class did for the teacher's birthday was for each child to bring one flower to make a bouquet. Our room mother brought a vase and some extra flowers just in case someone forgot. As the kids walked in the door, each greeted the teacher with a flower and a hug. Also, each child made a home made card for her. It was simple and touching.

When I was teaching, I loved gift cards to Mardel. They have lots of teacher stuff like bulleton board stuff, stuff for the treasure chest, and supplies. It's a teacher's heaven :)

I don't know if this is appropriate under your school's "gift policy" but check out this website. www.initialme.com. The lady lives here in Liberty and is a SAHM that just does this for fun, and her prices are SOOOO reasonable! She has many photos of her work on her site, and there is even one that she did for a teacher. They are all personalized and adorable. Even if this doesn't apply for the gift you need, keep her in mind for your kids or as gifts. I love to support SAHM's that come up with original ideas to help support their families!

Buy a picture frame and let them decorate it, to give it that personal touch, and then offer to take a photo of the whole class to put in the frame. That way she has something to remember them by.

As a former teacher, the best gift you could give is a gift card to Office Depot, Borders, Target, Teacher Supply Store, and the like. Teachers spend hundreds of their own dollars on supplies for the classroom that is never reimbursed.

As for former public school teacher of many years, I would say....
ignore the school policy and get the teachers gift certificates; restaurant, Target, mall, etc. Just be discreet. I am sure they will be grateful. If you feel guilty, then get a box of dry erase markers for the class to go along with it. Teachers are people too, and Soooo underpaid for what they do--the teacher could probably really use a gift certificate to use this time of year. They will appreciate you.
No apple motif items or mugs!

This might go against 'policy' but what I found my kids' teachers and my kids enjoyed was my picking up lunch for them. My son had lunch with his teacher last week. I take their order (Sonic) and deliver it to the classroom after they have gone to the lunchroom. Then the teacher/student return to have lunch.

I started doing this b/c I figured teachers end up with lots of 'stuff' - and although everything is special and thought out - I know we all can only manage so much stuff.....(esp. #1 teacher things)

The other thought I had was maybe doing a 'treat' for the entire class....I know ds' teacher bought doughnuts for her students...maybe you could do a treat for her birthday-- maybe even something none food....getting them each a pencil or party hat to 'celebrate'.....

I know it isn't original but I know teachers appreciate the gift cards to the supply places or things they use daily...like sticky pads, neat pens/pencils----

1 / 3