Need Help with "Slippery" Shoes!

I have a new pair of slip-on sandals (no back), and when I tried them on at the store, I was wearing socks and did not notice how slippery the inside of the sole is. I wore them to church this morning and had a hard time walking as my feet (in pantyhose) kept sliding around in the shoes. I am going to an out-of-town wedding next weekend, and am planning on wearing these shoes. (Bought them especially for the wedding). What I need to know is: Do you have any suggestions that would help me "rough-up" the inside of the shoe so that my foot doesn't slide around so much? Is there some kind of product that I can spray on or brush on to make it more "tacky"? As it is, my feet are really sore after limited walking in them today--can't begin to imagine how blistered they will be after the wedding and reception next week! Thanks for any suggestions!

Wow! I didn't expect to receive so many responses from such a mundane question. But all of your ideas are great! I can't really consider going without hose--that's just not my generation. But the inserts sound like just the ticket. Now I just have to finish my laundry and get out there and find them! Thanks so much to all the moms who responded.

My feet always seem to slip in shoes as well. I tend to put an insole inside the shoe. They sell thin insoles that you can glue or use double stick tape to make the insoles stay.

NO hose. They are dated... It is acceptable to go without..
Just moisturize your legs.

The other thing you can do is purchase "no slips" for the inside of the shoes. I purchased some from HEB. They are clear and feel like gel. They stick to the inside of the shoe and keep your feet inside.

I would also advise to wear these new shoes quite a bit this week to make sure you break them in..Even just around the house.

Try spraying hair spray on the bottoms of your feet. It should provide enough tack to keep your feet from sliding around. I agree with the other moms, if you can without hose I would do so. If you're wearing a long skirt or have no reason to hide your legs don't bother with hose. If your legs are just a little pale try some spray on tanner a few days before the wedding.

Dillards & Stein Mart, probably Macy's, sell little insert pads for your shoes so that you don't slip. I am also a no-hose kinda gal- but since you've been married 37 years you are probably close to my age- my legs are not exactly in their prime but they are ok with some sun. At this point in the year they are a little scary looking- by summer time I can get away with no hose. The little pads are usually up by the register- ask. Good luck!

Perhaps you should try not wearing hose. It's perfectly acceptable to not wear hose with slip on shoes. If you abosolutely need to wear hose, try some double stick tap on the bottom of your foot.

If the shoes are sandals with open toes, you've received quite a bit of fashion advice that I echo. If you feel you must wear hose to cover your legs, there are some that are toeless and very sheer. Otherwise, moisturize and wear a little self tanner and off you go. Some of the adhesive suggestions might give you a blister. Enjoy the wedding and reception!

Dr. Scholls makes inserts that go in shoes to help keep your feet where they need to be. They are foam inserts that adhere to the shoe. Avon has them too but probably couldn't get them back fast enough.

J. Von Fange

Hairspray!!! Not the aerosol kind, but the kind in a pump, preferably a "spritz." Hope it works out!

1 / 3