NEED HELP With Melted Crayon on Clothes

OK, here is the problem!! I just pulled a load of my children's clothes out of the dryer to find the covered in green melted crayon!!! I have no idea how to get the crayon out of the clothes and need some suggestions on how too. They have been washed and dried so please tell me there is some hope. I can not afford to go buy them new clothes and it got on majority of their good clothes!!! Thanks in advance for any suggestions!!!

I found these ideas... "De-Solv-it is WONDERFUL for removing crayons after the dryer. It will also remove foundation from collars and grease. Some of my friends who are teachers swear by it for chewing gum too." " I used Carbona - Color Run Remover and used it in my washing machine with hot water. It worked! All of the crayon came out of my clothes. I did however have a plaid pair of shorts where it came out but the color of the shorts faded a little but everything else came out perfectly. Good luck and don't throw it away until you try "Carbona" I bought mine at the grocery store. it was only $3.00." "Use WD40, it works like a charm. Used it on my husband's brand new clothes, where a red crayon just happened to appear melted in the dryer. Life Saver." Good luck :}

I had the same problem with a brown crayon. Use Borox it is in the laundry isle. It is a powder. Follow the direction on the box and you should be able to get all the crayon out. Good luck.

Try putting your iron on low to medium setting and placing a brown paper bag over the crayon and ironing over the bag...I know this works to remove candle wax drippings off carpet or clothes...It may work give it a try... Good Luck! S.

I've found a great product that no mom should live without! It's called Goof Off and can be found at many hardware stores. I used to work at Sutherlands and that's where I found it. On the can it tells you everything it takes out like crayon, gum (it worked on my husband's Nomex firefighter uniforms when some double bubble went thru the washer AND dryer-it also took the gum right off the dryer drum on the first swipe!), grease, wax, marker, and numerous other things. There is another product with a similar name, Goo Gone, but I don't find it as effective. Goof Off comes in an aerosol version as well as a flip-top squirt can (which I prefer). It also takes off sticker residue and paint. Just GOOGLE it and see what you think. I hope this helps!

I would get a can of Oops from the paint department in almost any hardware or large discount store. Take the oldest worst looking article of the clothing with the crayon, fold a couple thicknesses of paper towel. Place the folded paper towel pad directly under the crayon spot. Using an old toothbrush, dip it into the Oops, and rub it on the crayon spot. Take another folded paper towel and blot the spot. Repeat the procedure at least one more time, maybe twice. Then put a couple of drops of dawn on the spot, depending on the size, work it in, rubbing vigorously, then rinse. See how that works.

Oops is one of the best products I have seen. Read on the label all the things it is good for. I know for a fact, it will remove dried latex paint. It may take a couple or three applications, but it works.

B. M.

OH my gosh! Same thing happeneed to us about three months ago, and with a green crayon! I got it all out with WD-40 and Goo Gone. I WD-40'd all of the clothes and with a toothbrush, got it all out. The washer had to be cleaned as well with Goo Gone and WD-40 but be sure you spray it down with water and clean it out afterwards by putting in a beach towel to rub all the rest of the color off as well as flammable oil. It will work. I did this on everything but my maternity underwear (I was three weeks to delivery). When my water broke and I headed to the hospital, I had green speckled underwear on. It was so embarassing!

I have never found anything that will get melted crayon off clothes. I have let my kids use the stained clothes for play.

I am sorry to say I do not know of a way to do this and I am a textile student. I would send up for your local free cycle and see if some has some good clothes they are giving away. I also would advice you to call your local college and speak to a teacher in the HES field to see if they know something I do not know.

There is this stuff you can get at Walmart called Desolvit. It works great. I have gotten gum out of baby doll hair, carpet, clothes, etc. with it. It also works on crayon and lots of other things. I would recommend trying it out. Good Luck!

1 / 3