Need Help with Daughter's Hair - Spring,TX

Hi Mom's! My daughter is 9 years old and her hair gets tangled all the time. In the mornings it is so bad. At her neck line it gets matted really bad. If she doesn't brush it for a day, the next day it is 10 times worse and it takes me forever to brush it out. On top of that she is very tender headed. I have tried detangler and a Johnson's leave in conditioner and neither one has worked. If anyone knows something I can use on her hair that would be wonderful!!! Thanks In Advance.

I have a friend with the same problem. She uses Mane & Tail conditioner at the base of her neck and leaves it in - no more matting. You can buy it at Walgreens in the shampoo aisle or for a little less at Wal-mart in the pet department :-). It's $6 to $8 for 32 oz., depending where you buy it. Smaller sizes are available.

Have you tried Biosilk Silk Therapy? I am also very tender headed with tangly hair, and I put about a dime-size amount on my hair after I get out of the shower and before I try to brush or comb it out. It really helps...and adds a nice shine too. I hope this helps!

S.,
In addition to a leave-in conditioner, someone recomended a satin pillowcase. It's made a significant difference, especially when we actually remember to spray her hair before bed.

Best of luck!

Just cut her hair very short hair very short

Is her hair long or short, thick or thin, curley or straight? You didn't say. Call a professional hair dresser and find out if there's any other products you can try. What would happen if she tried sleeping in a sleep bonnet? If it's long, could she put it either in a high pony tail or part it into two side pig-tails for sleeping. When you brush, do you start at the bottom or at the scalp. Always start at the ends. And whoever heard of not brushing EVERY DAY. Of course if she skips a day it'll be a mess. At her age she's old enough to take daily care of her hair. That's a given, especially with girls who want to have pretty hair.

I have a 9 year old daughter and we would go through the same exact thing. She would cry because of all the tangles. She finally decided that she wanted to cut her hair so it wouldn't tangle as much. She wanted to get one of those sleek bobs that everyone is getting, so I took her to a real good hairdresser. (I opted out of the $7 cuts just this once). He told her that the reason that her hair gets that tangled and matted was because it was so dry. He said the sun, swimming, ect... causes hair to dry. So she got the prettiest bob and I switched her over to the shampoo that I use..Arbonne..and her hair looks and feels much healthier.I am an Arbonne consultant and have discounts for mamasource members in the member perks area if you would like to give it a try. We have a 45 day, no questions asked money back guarentee. All the products are botanically based and so beneficial for everyone. You can go to my website for more information: www.corissabell.myarbonne.com or please feel free to contact me directly, I would love to talk to you and see if I could help. Hope to hear from you soon.

C. B.
Arbonne Consultant
www.corissabell.myarbonne.com
Member Perks Available!!

Try using baby oil. Hope this works.

Good Luck.

Rosie

i have waist length curly tangly hair, and i hate brushing my hair, i hate to say some days i do not brush it because it hurts so much, i tie it back instead lol - so i know what your daughter is going through.
there is only one way i can brush my hair easily without hurting me - this is what i do.
i get in the shower, wash my hair, then apply a very high quality conditioner, paying particular attention to the bad spot at the nape of the neck, i leave this on while i wash the bits that matter and shave my legs etc.
then i take a high quality paddle brush (kent or similar brand, the wide square type) and i stand under the water, i brush my hair through while i am standing under the water and the water almost magically helps get out the tangles.

when i have to brush my hair during the day when it is dry, i can use a high quality hogs hair brush, and this doesnt hurt too much.
you have to have the right equipment - i have had my hair brushes years - my kent brush cost around $15, and my hog hair brush the same, but they last for ever

My adult neice, who has very long straight hair, recommeded Garnier Fructis Shampoo and Conditioner for long hair. It helped my daughter's hair tremendously. Also, Herbal Essence makes one for long hair as well and we have had success with that one too. Leave the conditioner in as long as you can before rinsing and that seems to help with the wet comb out.

Try having her sleep on a satin pillow case. It works a little bit for my 4 yr old. Not a huge difference, but definately a noticeable difference. Hope it works! Good Luck!

Braid her hair. Learn how to french braid. It will also give her hair a beautiful wave.

1 / 3