Need Help with Birthday Gift Ideas for 14 Year Old Girl

My niece is turning 14 this month and I need help with birthday gift ideas! We don't have much contact with her since my husband had a falling out with his sister. Since then we're only in contact with his nieces by email and phone, we haven't seen them in over a year. So, just wondering if the moms of 14 year old girls can give me any ideas. Where do teens like to shop?? She is into acting (drama) in plays and lives by the beach...I typically spend about $35 Any help is greatly appreciated!

We have three young adult daughters. They liked Pac Sun, Express, Forever 21, Aropostale, The Gap and American Eagle. They can get something nice for $35 to $40 at each of these.

How about a personalized beach towel from Land's End? I have been giving these as gifts this summer and I think everyone can always use a new towel. I saw one on Land's End that comes with a matching beach bag. I think I paid around $30.00 after shipping for the ones I got.

Jewelry - there are always a few inexpensive shops at the malls where you can buy many items for a small price. Necklaces, earrings, bracelets, etc. You can't go wrong.

I also think it is very gracious to send a gift since there is tension in the family.

+B+

E.,

The best gift you could give her is to ask your husband to mend fences with her mother. It doesn't matter whose right or wrong, someone has to be the bigger person and the more time you let go by, the harder it will be. It's family and it's important. Why not use your nieces birthday be the start of the "New Start"?

Hi E.,
I have a 14 year old daughter. She and her friends like to shop at the following stores which I am sure are national chains:
American Eagle Outfitters
Hollister
PacSun
Forever 21
Abercrombie
Victoria's Secret
They also like gift cards to places like Target or Jamba Juice. Some kids also like Starbucks.
You can also get her a Visa card for a set amount of money that she can use anywhere that accepts VISA but you end up paying a little more for it.
Debbie

For my daughters party, we had Mary Kay come over and she taught them the right way to put on make up and how to care for their skin, they were taught how to do facials, etc. We did not buy any products, but there was that option.

Hello-

I am the mother of a just resently turned 14 year old. I know that some people don't like to give gift cards, but I think you can't go wrong. My daughter got a ton of them from friends and family and she enjoys going and picking out something that she would actually use. If your neice has an IPod, I would suggest getting an Itunes card. My kids use those like crazy. Best of Luck!

I always give my nieces a day out together gift certificate. I create my own certificate on my computer & describe what we will do that day together. We like to go to the mall & allow them to have a certain dollar amount to spend on whatever they want & or maybe a manicure or pedicure together. Both my nieces look forward to this gift.
If you don't have an opportunity to reconnect like this then any gift certificates seemed to be loved by that age so they can go to the store & choose what they want. I don't know what yours likes but I know the over priced mall stores like Abercrombe & fitch...don't know how to spell it & there is anther one I forget the name but those are popular with that age group & a nice gift as a treat.Even Target is a great store to be able to go to & buy makeup or whatever she wants.

I don't know if you want to give something or your thoughts on a giftcards....but I just went to my nephew's birthday and he just turned 14, he got clothes and dvd movies but his fav gifts were the visa or matercard money cards...they are accepted everywhere....and he told his mom and dad that he wanted to go to the skate shop to spend them. He loved them b/c they gave him the freedom to go to any store and not just the store they came from!

I am a consultant with The Body Shop, and could provide a gift certificate for her to shop for her own products, and for a free spa party for her and her friends! I am also a massage therapist so could also add paraffin treatments ($15 per person), chair massage ($15 per person) or hand & foot massage ($15 per person). The free parties include peppermint foot soaks and hand treatments.
Thanks,
Cynthia F.
www.thebodyshopathome.com/web/cflesher

My daughter is 14. Here is what I gather is best, from her and her friends, who I am around a lot:
If your niece has an ipod or some MP3 player, get her a card for downloads.
Or a gift certificate for clothes somewhere. My daughter is especially fond of Delia's and Alloy online.
In addition, as I was a theatre major myself, tickets to a local theatre production are always fun.

1 / 3