Need Help on What to Buy 8 Year Old Boy for His Birthday

Hi Everyone!!
My son is going to his friend birthday party who is turning 8 years old and I'm not sure what to buy him as a gift. HELP!!!!!!!!!
Thanks alot.

Bakugan characters are popular with my 7 year old and his friends. Target was cleared out of them so they must be popular with other kids and I've seen other moms/kids looking at them on two other occasions when we were there. They are little magnetic characters with a card. Kids like to trade them.

Best bet on getting a good gift is to take your son to the store and let him pick it out. That or just give him $10.00 in a card..............

We buy $20 gift cards to Target for all b-day parties. It is great because then the kids can pick out something they really wany.

My 8 year old son also loves legos. He sits in his room and pays with them for an hour. He also just got one of those robotic pet dogs. He can train it to roll over and sit, he treats it like it is a real dog...so cute.

C.,

My son is 12 and he still loves legos and bionicles. If the boy likes sports (which most do) you can go with a football, basketball, or soccer ball. They are around $10.00 which is reasonable for a birthday present.

Do not be affraid to ask the mother who is hosting the party. She will tell you exactly what the childs interests are. I usually try to ask when I RSVP if I do not know the child.

I recently bought my 8 year old daughter a DS for her birthday and she loved it! Another good choice is a kid's digital camera, although these are a bit expensive. If your son's friend has a favorite animal or sport, a newly framed poster for his bedroom could also be a big hit...posters.com has millions of selections for reasonable prices! Good luck!!!

I have 2 girls, 8 & 9. I like to buy books for my children to take to birthday parties. If I know the child's interests I buy a related book and include the gift receipt in case they want to return it. Sometimes I pick up a gift card to a bookstore so they can pick out their own. My daughter just went to a party and I bought the recipient, who is a good reader, the book The City of Ember. Not only is it a great book with wide appeal, the movie is coming out later this month. It is part of a 4 part series of books - sort of post-apocalyptic Sci-Fi. The entire 4th grade at my kids school was required to read it and most kids loved it. Hope this helps.

1 / 3