26 answers

Need Help Locating Agency or Program for Emergency Assistance in Fort Worth

Iam looking for any place, Church, Charity, Agency anything that can help my family in our timeof need. I was recently in a car accident thats had me out of work for about a month. This has led me to fall behind on my rent and now I have to be out on or before the 25th of this month. I have two small children and I have no family that I can ask for help. I don't know what else to do, I have been on the internet searching since I received the notice yesterday. I would appreciate any advice or guidance there is out there. Thank you

What can I do next?

Featured Answers

B. - I'm so sorry this has happened to you - have you gotten responses? What town do you live in now? There is the Salvation Army in Ft Worth, there are shelters for families. I could give you that information if you need it. Do you have any income? Do you have family at all?
Let me know how I can help!

I don't know where in Ft Worth you are located, but if you are close to Arlington you should contact Mission Arlington. The number is ###-###-####.

More Answers

Call 211 from your landline phone and they will direct you to the right ppl. Good luck!

I don't know of anything off the top of my head. I am so sorry you are going through this esp during the holiday season. I'm thinking about you and your family. If I hear of anything I will let you know.

Hi B.,
Been through this before and I'm sorry you're going through it now. Here are some resources that might help you. First Street Methodist Mission ###-###-#### Contact Paige Hines at extension 101 or 102. Provides help with food, clothing, infant formula and baby supplies.
St. Rita's Catholic Church ###-###-#### ext. 209 Sister Miriam
Broadway Baptist ###-###-#### call between 9:00am and noon Assistance to people living in the 76104 zip code assistance with rent, utilities, prescriptions
Catholic Charities ###-###-#### call between 8am and 8:30 am for best results assists with rentand utilities
TCDHS ###-###-#### 7:30am to 4:30 pm
South Central Alliance Churches ###-###-#### between 10am and 2pm Monday thru thursday
Westaid Alliance of Churches ###-###-####
Community Action Partners Parks and Community Service
Northside Inter-Church Agency ###-###-#### Contact April ext. 101
Salvation Army ###-###-####
Good luck sweetie, hope this was helpful.


try the salvation army.

Check out KLTYs Christmas Wish, it doesn't start until after Thanksgiving, but it might help for the long haul. In the mean time you might check with some of the Big Churches like Richland Hills Church of Christ or First Baptist Euless. Good Luck, you and your family are in my prayers.

Both First United Methodist Church and First Presbyterian Church have rental assistance programs, but they are first come first serve and they run out very quickly. You should call asap. In addition, you can dial 211 for the United Way master list of services in Tarrant county. You will just need to give them your zip code.

I can tell you that it is hardest to get actual financial assistance for anything. The easiest is food and clothes, so I would recommend that you put all your resources toward your rent first and look to outside resources for your other needs.

You already have so many good responses, but I know that withthe economy right now many places that provide aid are pretty full, so I think giving you as many options as possible is best....
Try Grace in Grapevine. http://www.gracegrapevine.org/

The Salvation Army is actually a church, not just a thrift store, they use the proceeds from the thrift store to help pay for all the good they do. here is the contact info

207 Elm St.P.O. BOX 1089
Contact: Michael Raven-Director of Social Services
Tel: ###-###-#### X202
Website: http://www.salvationarmydallas.org

Hope that helps. Please remember to stress that you need immediate help. I'll be praying for you!

Hello Ms. B. . There is a place in Tarrant County This IS NOT THE FOOD STAMP Office. This is another dept that I have used in the past and they helped me for about 3 months with rent and utility bills.They pre-sceen you. You will need to bring all your utilities bills and rent contract and to show the reason that you have had a pay cut are the reason that you are off work , all your kids SS # . Before you go Say a prayer that God will Have Favor on your situration and ENCOURAGE YOURSELF. I'm a single Parent of 2 and I know how it is to hit a slop and have no body to turn too. And the only one that have seen me through is Jesus despite of me not being perfect.He still see's me through. So keep your head up things will get better.Call them and see what all you will need to bring for your interview.

Tarrant County Offices
Human Services

1200 Circle Drive
Fort Worth, Texas 76119

Provides financial assistance, case management, as well as information and referral services to individuals and families in Tarrant County. Persons who are eligible to receive general assistance are:

the unemployed;
disabled who have no on-going benefits from income; and,
recently re-employed, new to job market, or those who have employment pending.

I am a landlord. Your landlord must give you 30 days written notice before even beginning the process of eviction. That is the law.

Also, how old are your children? If you have infants, then you may want to try the pregnancy resource centers. There is one on Bluebonnet circle and another one on S. Hulen on the East side of the street just south of I-20.

I was on bedrest for most of my pregnancy (twins) and it took me quite sometime to get back on my feet. I went to the center on Bluebonnet and they helped me out with clothing and diapers for the babies. I am forever in debted to them and I still take them many of my children's items that they have outgrown.

Good Luck

Greetings B.:

Start with Catholic Charities. They have some good resources. Also, United Way has a resources line 2-1-1, like 411 and 911, but for social service resources. Good luck and may God bless you and your family duirng these trying times.

Love and blessings,

Check with the Community Storehouse in Keller. They assist those in need with rent, money for bills and with food from the food pantry there. Best of luck. Keep the faith!

Dial 211. This is the Texas information line. By giving them your zipcode, they will tell you what agencies can assist you in your specific area.

Try calling 211. They will have agencies in your zip code that can assist you and help you find resources in your area. Good Luck.

Call either the city of Fort Worth or the police department and tell them what you are looking for and they should be able to assist you. If not, call either a local church such as Broadway Baptist in Fort Worth or you could call GRACE. they are located in Grapevine and they could point you in the right direction.

United Way gives lots of referral phone numbers to call.
Try welfare, even if for only a month or 3, foodstamps and medical help big time. Also try unemployment, think there is a way they either will help with income loss or refer you to places who can.
Call any church in your area, if they don't assist in any way, they may have numbers to give you to who does. Most churches will help with food or refer to a sister church who
does. United Way *2 1 1* is a big one.

B.- I would first check with your employer for any disability coverage as well as the state and then a local church or the church you go to for sure- If you do NOT attend one- ask one of your faith and I am sure they will assist. Check with your auto isnruance agent- Are you suing the other person if there any coverage on policy for being out of work? Check with Community Enrichment Center in North Richlands Hills-I hope things go well for you.

Try Catholic Charities. Also try your church if you attend. If not, try some local churches in your area. Oh...the Community Storehouse in Keller is one as well.

I don't know where in Ft Worth you are located, but if you are close to Arlington you should contact Mission Arlington. The number is ###-###-####.

Dear Brigitte,

Why don't you contact Fellowship Church in Fort Worth at ###-###-####. I go to Fellowship in Grapevine, and we have sources to help those in need. I bet the Fort Worth campus does too.

I've already said a prayer for you.

Stay strong,

Joshua 1:9

Call 211, It is the clearing house for all agencies in Tarrant County.

Besides 211 (which can offer the most help) try Catholic Charities. You don't have to be Catholic.

Talk to your school counselor as soon as they go back on Monday. He/she not only has a resource book, but they offer help with resources as well (I'm a school counselor). Plus, they need to know what is happening with their individual students so that he/she can help the students (not just the families) with other issues that might result from this.

Have you called 211? That is the Information, Referral and Assistance line run by the state of Texas and the United Way. Simply dial 211 (just like 911) and speak to one of the Assistance Navigators. They will be able to assist you with resources in this area that could possibly help you out.


First and foremost I will say a prayer for you and your family. You have received tons of good responses but also check with Fielder Road Baptist Church. Just walk into the administrative offices and they will help.

Good luck and God be with you.


Check with your auto insurance agent or company. Hopefully you have PIP/personal injury protection which can be used for medical bills or lost wages, I believe. If it was the other person's fault you might be able to get something from their company to help, too.

I know that Gateway Church in Southlake takes part in a great program for single mothers. I don't know a lot about it, but I would try contacting the church and asking them about who to contact. I had a friend who was helped by them and they helped her with an apartment, food, etc. It's worth a try. Good luck and I'll be thinking of you!

B. - I'm so sorry this has happened to you - have you gotten responses? What town do you live in now? There is the Salvation Army in Ft Worth, there are shelters for families. I could give you that information if you need it. Do you have any income? Do you have family at all?
Let me know how I can help!

Required Fields

Our records show that we already have a Mamapedia or Mamasource account created for you under the email address you entered.

Please enter your Mamapedia or Mamasource password to continue signing in.

Required Fields

, you’re almost done...

Since this is the first time you are logging in to Mamapedia with Facebook Connect, please provide the following information so you can participate in the Mamapedia community.

As a member, you’ll receive optional email newsletters and community updates sent to you from Mamapedia, and your email address will never be shared with third parties.

By clicking "Continue to Mamapedia", I agree to the Mamapedia Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.