Need Help Locating Agency or Program for Emergency Assistance in Fort Worth

Iam looking for any place, Church, Charity, Agency anything that can help my family in our timeof need. I was recently in a car accident thats had me out of work for about a month. This has led me to fall behind on my rent and now I have to be out on or before the 25th of this month. I have two small children and I have no family that I can ask for help. I don't know what else to do, I have been on the internet searching since I received the notice yesterday. I would appreciate any advice or guidance there is out there. Thank you

B. - I'm so sorry this has happened to you - have you gotten responses? What town do you live in now? There is the Salvation Army in Ft Worth, there are shelters for families. I could give you that information if you need it. Do you have any income? Do you have family at all?
Let me know how I can help!
G.

I don't know where in Ft Worth you are located, but if you are close to Arlington you should contact Mission Arlington. The number is ###-###-####.

Call 211 from your landline phone and they will direct you to the right ppl. Good luck!

I don't know of anything off the top of my head. I am so sorry you are going through this esp during the holiday season. I'm thinking about you and your family. If I hear of anything I will let you know.

Hi B.,
Been through this before and I'm sorry you're going through it now. Here are some resources that might help you. First Street Methodist Mission ###-###-#### Contact Paige Hines at extension 101 or 102. Provides help with food, clothing, infant formula and baby supplies.
St. Rita's Catholic Church ###-###-#### ext. 209 Sister Miriam
Broadway Baptist ###-###-#### call between 9:00am and noon Assistance to people living in the 76104 zip code assistance with rent, utilities, prescriptions
Catholic Charities ###-###-#### call between 8am and 8:30 am for best results assists with rentand utilities
TCDHS ###-###-#### 7:30am to 4:30 pm
South Central Alliance Churches ###-###-#### between 10am and 2pm Monday thru thursday
Westaid Alliance of Churches ###-###-####
Community Action Partners Parks and Community Service
###-###-####
Northside Inter-Church Agency ###-###-#### Contact April ext. 101
Salvation Army ###-###-####
Good luck sweetie, hope this was helpful.

Sincerely,
A.

try the salvation army.

Check out KLTYs Christmas Wish, it doesn't start until after Thanksgiving, but it might help for the long haul. In the mean time you might check with some of the Big Churches like Richland Hills Church of Christ or First Baptist Euless. Good Luck, you and your family are in my prayers.

Both First United Methodist Church and First Presbyterian Church have rental assistance programs, but they are first come first serve and they run out very quickly. You should call asap. In addition, you can dial 211 for the United Way master list of services in Tarrant county. You will just need to give them your zip code.

I can tell you that it is hardest to get actual financial assistance for anything. The easiest is food and clothes, so I would recommend that you put all your resources toward your rent first and look to outside resources for your other needs.

You already have so many good responses, but I know that withthe economy right now many places that provide aid are pretty full, so I think giving you as many options as possible is best....
Try Grace in Grapevine. http://www.gracegrapevine.org/

The Salvation Army is actually a church, not just a thrift store, they use the proceeds from the thrift store to help pay for all the good they do. here is the contact info

207 Elm St.P.O. BOX 1089
LEWISVILLE, TX 75067
Contact: Michael Raven-Director of Social Services
Tel: ###-###-#### X202
Website: http://www.salvationarmydallas.org

Hope that helps. Please remember to stress that you need immediate help. I'll be praying for you!

Hello Ms. B. . There is a place in Tarrant County This IS NOT THE FOOD STAMP Office. This is another dept that I have used in the past and they helped me for about 3 months with rent and utility bills.They pre-sceen you. You will need to bring all your utilities bills and rent contract and to show the reason that you have had a pay cut are the reason that you are off work , all your kids SS # . Before you go Say a prayer that God will Have Favor on your situration and ENCOURAGE YOURSELF. I'm a single Parent of 2 and I know how it is to hit a slop and have no body to turn too. And the only one that have seen me through is Jesus despite of me not being perfect.He still see's me through. So keep your head up things will get better.Call them and see what all you will need to bring for your interview.

Tarrant County Offices
Human Services

1200 Circle Drive
Fort Worth, Texas 76119
###-###-####

Provides financial assistance, case management, as well as information and referral services to individuals and families in Tarrant County. Persons who are eligible to receive general assistance are:

the unemployed;
disabled who have no on-going benefits from income; and,
recently re-employed, new to job market, or those who have employment pending.

1 / 3