Need Help Getting Pen Marks off a down Jacket

Somehow, a long line of blue pen ink ended up on the front of my white down jacket! It is goose down with a nylon shell. I used spray-n-wash on it and then washed it in the machine, but no luck. Does anyone have any advice? Thank you!

Rubbing alcohol takes out ink, but I would recommend IMMACU-10. It's NOT a chemical based product but rather enzyme. I use it for EVERYTHING and even took out PERMANENT black ink from a white sweatshirt.

You cannot get this in stores. What area do you live in?

Hi S.
try regular alcohol, works wonders on ink. you can apply it with a cotton pad or cloth. it should come right out.

I think you may have set the mark and it will never come off but try hairspray.really use a lot and use a paper towel to soak it up if it starts coming off.

I would try the hairspray first. I have used that before, and it works.

That being said, if you do not get it out, try rubbing alcohol in the same manner, get it really wet, then blot it out. (works really well on painted walls).

A.

I used a magic eraser on the kids clothes when they colored on everything one time.

try ZOUT and BIZZ, they have been the most helpful for our stains

You might try a bleach pen.

Try hair spray. I have heard it is good to get ink out of fabric.

since you are able to wash it, try dawn dish soap. i have used dawn on lots of things for ink pen, and it works great. not sure what everyone else has told you, but hope you have good luck with something! happy holidays!

OXY Clean spray works on just about everything. even blood or red wine. Give it a try...or I've heard that hairspray can get pen off alot of surfaces. I don't know if fabric is included in that, but it also sometimes works.

Hair spray, I have found the cheaper it is the better it works. Spray it on and rub the spot.After that with it being a white coat and down I would go to the cleaners.

Try Mr. Clean's magic eraser.....it works on EVERYTHING

It took permanent marker off of my wood table...and it had been there for over three years!!

Hair spray.....saturate the area then put in wash on warm. Good Luck!

Hi S.

Rubbing Alcohol, and if that doesn't work Goof Off but be careful.

Try the stain remover from the Dryel kit or good ole hairspray. Good luck!

try using hair spray. wORK A little at a time. Spray and dab, spray and dab...

S., did you happen to try hairspray. i know my kids used to get ink, markers and whatever else on their clothing and I used hairspray and it got it out. Just a thought for you.

Aerosol hair spray will remove pen. Spray and dab, when finished, wash again in washer.

Shaklee's Basic H2 and Nature Bright with some warm water will clean anything. I'm in love with the stuff and have yet to find something I can't get clean with it - grass stains, rust stains, dried blood, 10-year-old dried tree sap, ground in dirt on tile grout, crayons on walls, ink from clothes, grease stains - you name it.

Plus, it's all natural with no chemicals so it's safe to use around kids and pets; and it's concentrated so a little goes a long, long way - I haven't bought cleaning products in almost two years!

(Go to http://shaklee.net and you can search for a distributor in your area or feel free to order from me if you're interested! Please don't just take this as a sales pitch though... the products really are amazing!)

When I worked for a doctor, we use to use hair spray. Spray it on, let it dry, then wash the item. It worked for scrubs; hope it works for you.

I agree with the ladies who suggested hairspray. But be sure to use a good, old fashioned hairspray, like White Rain. it works wonders on ink marks.

You will need to keep spraying until the ink begins to fade a lot, blotting every once in a while with a paper towel. the color will appear to run a bit, but that's OK, since it is mixed in with the hairspray. If there is a residual mark, spray it with a stain remover and then wash it again.

I hope the stain didn't set when you washed it the first time!

I've used the hairspray trick on just about every fabric, and years ago my husband tried it on leather car seats when he sold cars and a customer had gotten ink on white leather upholstery. It worked for him, too.

Try "Tide To Go". I had a pen mark on a shirt and it got the ink mark out.

Plain old hair spray should desolve the ink, it may take a few times. I use Aqua net airisol and it has worked every time for me.However if you have put it in the dryer you may have to take it to a dry cleaner to get it out.Dryers will set a stain.

Hairspray...the cheaper the brand the better...Spray the area with cheap hairspray and wash as you normally would. If you didn't dry the jacket the first time you washed it it should come out. If you did dry it the sain will be harder to remove but not impossible. You may want to try dabbing the area with rubbing alcohol and blotting it until the marks disappear.