Need Help Finding a Good Family Doctor?

i need help finding a good family doctor for my self? if anyone has any good ideas plz let me know

thanks to everyone for the good advice i asked my peds and they reffered me too someone dr.powers in bowling green which is good

There is a fairly new practice in BG. I can't remember the name of it. It's a fairly generic name....Sorry, I'm drawing a total blank. It's two female doctors and I think they opened in like 2005 or something close. My aunt goes there and she loves it. Maybe Google "family physicians Bowling Green OH" or something like that. Finding a doctor is so TOUGH!!!!

Would be helpful to know WHERE YOU LIVE.

not sure what city your in..but Cleveland Clinic is great... try Dr.Judith Weiss..she is amazing! and her office has more than one doc and so you or the little one can always get in..they even have Sat.hours now ;)

Hi D.
In the last two years, we moved to a new area and we were in the same situation. We asked around a lot, neighbors, co-workers, etc. I would seriously consider looking for an internal medicine doctor. I really think that is the best way to go. They are very knowledgable in so many different areas. My internal medicine doctor found some skin cancer that I'm sure a regular family physician would not have found. Good luck!

What area do you live? i have a great doc i go to but he is at Good Sam North....I live just sound of Englewood. :)
Let me know and i can get his name for you. He goes to our church and my husband has been going to him for some time now and I too go to him now. :)
G.

I have had a lot of professional exposure to doctors over the past 10 years. There are a lot of good and some really bad physicians out there (mainly those who think they know everything)
Where do you live? Do you have any health concerns that need to be addressed? Your best bet is to find someone close to your house - nothing worse than a long drive when you are sick or in a hurry. If you don't like them, find someone else. There are a lot of Family Practitioners/Internists, and you should easily be able to find someone with the bedside manner you are looking for.
Personally, I'd never been a fan of my own FP - thought he was a little weak on some information - until he got the ball rolling on a swollen lymph node and got me diagnosed with cancer a year ago. Now, I'm much more confident in him!
It can be expensive to change practices - think about that, too.
Just because an office is busy, doesn't mean the physicians are any better. In some cases, insurance may dictate who you see, and that may have just filled-up the appointment book vs. a good doctor.
Angie's list now rates doctors as well as some other sites. Ask your pediatrician or OB/GYB for referrals. Chances are, they see a lot of referrals from someone or may have gone to med school or done residency with someone really good.

Hi D.. I take my kids to Noblesville Pediatrics and we really like them there.

If I want recommendations for a good doctor, I ask friends who are nurses. They usually have a good idea who is best. If they don't want to say a name of someone who is really good, just ask them who they go to themselves...

1 / 3