Need Help About Cruises

We're thinking about going on a Cruise from Miami, I want to ask you ladies who have been on a Cruise to give us any tips on which Cruise line to go with, or which ones to avoid. I have heard of some bad experiences that happened to some people in cruises. Just want to know if there's a good company that provides a good service and is reasonably priced. We are thinking about a 3 or 4 night stay, going either through Cozumel, Key West, or the Bahamas. Thank you!

Thank you so much for your answers! Based on what the majority recommended, we went with Royal Caribbean and we got an ocean view room, There wasn't a Balcony room available in this ship, and the only other upgrade was a Suite and was about $400 extra!

We've cruised Royal Carribean and Disney and they were both good. But Disney is a real family trip, and not as fun for a couple without children or extended families.
A key to cruising is to be on the ship before it sails. I mention this because with all the airline cancellations, I know folks who have not gotten to their ship. So they recommended flying to Miami a day ahead and staying in an inexpensive hotel the night before. Then they could enjoy the morning of the cruise, totally not concerned or rushing.
Have a wonderful time!

I love Royal Carribean and if I could afford it, I would cruise with them every year. I have been on Norweigen and did not care for it at all. The food was not as good, the ship wasn't as nice. All in all it just wasn't a great experience. Have fun.

wooo hooo, do we love to cruise. We have been on about 6 of them. Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Holland America, Norwegian. Carnival would be the least expensive, and usually has lots of kids, families with kids. We have really had a great time on all, overall best would be Royal and Norwegian. Holland and Norwegian are usually more expensive than the other 2, but shop around. We got great deals on those, actually cheaper than Royal, the times we sailed with them. I would definately use a travel agent, like the one post recommended, we always got better deals with them than I could find myself.

Book your excursions prior to boarding to insure you get the ones you want, some have limited space and sell out fast. You can't use any cash on board, you must use their equivalent of an onboard credit card, KEEP TRACK of your purchases and all receipts. Twice, we had "charges" on our account that we didn't make, they were supposedly made on-ship but we were off on an excursion (can't be in two places at once), thanks to the fact that we could prove that, they removed the charges. One good thing to know about cruising that would have helped. The last night you have to put your luggage out early (times depend on the cruise line) to be picked up. We didn't know this and didn't have any carry-on bag with us...we didn't have anything to put the clothes we were wearing, pajamas, all our toiletries, etc. the next morning. We didn't want to buy one of their "overly priced" bags so we (along with some other first timers that didn't know it either) just used garbage bags..it was funny and something we will laugh about and remember. Happy Sailing!

My friend Angela is an awesome travel agent. She can answer all of your questions about cruises and guide you to the right cruise line and the right itinerary. She can get you the best prices - she can even beat the prices on the internet. Her company is Home Run Tours; her email is ____@____.com and her phone is ###-###-####.

Have a wonderful time!

We just got back from a Carnival cruise. We have nothing to compare it to, but we had a great time! My advice is to find a person who books cruises as their job. There are travel agents, but I actually have an aquantanence who books cruises as her part time job. She has been on over a dozen cruises herself, plus has been able to board and tour other ships. She took the ages of my kids under consideration, plus a variety of other factors and she was able to give me a few options for cruises based on different prices and ports and help guide us to the right decision for your family. Find someone in your area, or I can give you her info if you are interested (she lives in the Orlando area, but I see no reason why she couldn't assist you long distance)

We've done two Royal Caribbean (1 Caribbean and 1 Alaska) and one Carnival (Caribbean) cruise. We both really enjoyed them all. On one of the Royal Caribbean cruises we had a balcony and I think the other two were interior rooms and it really didn't make a difference for the price since we spent most of the time somewhere else on the boat (onboard activities, watching the whales and anything else going by, eating, swimming, etc) There is really a lot planned on the ship and we did some shows and dinner every night. We did a couple of excursions on each cruise and enjoyed those as well, we read up on them before going and some we booked ahead of time and some once we were there.

Probably check into the specific ships and what they have onboard that you might be interested in. Check where each ship goes and see what there is to do that you might be interested in too. Some ships are more geared towards family or have special themed cruises once or twice a year. Have a great trip!

We loved Carnival too, it was great for the kids, and great for us to have time not to worry about them. They had as good a time as we did, and can't wait to do it again. It may not be as luxuerous as some of the others, but at the price and the kid friendly attitude, we had zero complaints.

Carnival has a nice cruise that covers Key West and Cozumel. They are also very reasonable price wise...........

1 / 3