Need Great Place to Donate Stuffed Animals & Dolls

Hi Mamas, I have a big box of stuffed animals and dolls that belonged to my sister and I when we were young. They are in good condition and I would like to find a place to donate them. Usually we take things to Good Will, but I have heard of police agencies and others groups using toys to comfort kids. Can you recommend places that might use them for kids? Thanks in advance!!

First Responders (fire fighters and EMTs) give them to children to comfort them after a car wreck. My son got a bear from a fire fighter years ago when we had to take an ambulance ride to the hospital after a wreck. It was very comforting. He still has that bear seven years later and would never part with it.

You may also want to try the pregnancy centers. These places help numerous young women who are often times not more than children themselves. You can find them under "Abortion Alternatives" in the phone book

Have you tried the local nursing home or elderly care center in your area. Or even the Children's Hospitals. They appreciate that sort or thing for their patients.
Good Luck.

The bin outside Sears is for Arlington Early Childhood PTA. We collect the slightly loved stuffed animals and redistribute them to children in need through the various charities we work with.

E.,

I don't know where your are exactly. I would suggest The Women's Shelter in Arlington. My children and I were blessed by the shelter in 2000 and I always think of them when asked about where things like that can be donated. I prefer them becuase they do not resale them but instead have them on hand for children who leave their homes, often time in the middle of the night, with nothing but the clothes on their backs. My duaghter now age 12 still has the rather large dinosaur that another child who was leaving the shelter gave her upon our arrival. Here is a link to their website to find out where to make the donation.

http://www.womensshelter.org/

I hope that this is a help.
God Bless
K. K.

I think I remember seeing a big bin outside of Sears in the Parks Mall. You could probably call the Mall offices and ask them and if they have to be new or if "slightly loved" is allowed.

I have a non profit organization and I am always looking for others willing to donate dolls, teddy bears and baby blankets. Currently I have 3 orphanages and not every child has their very own toy, would love for others to help out. Please visit my website www.ContagiousHope.com for additional information and THANKS

Any Police or fire station would be able to take the dolls.

1 / 3