Need Great Ideas for Easter Egg Stuffers

I am looking for suggestions for stuffing Easter eggs. My daughter's K class will be having an Easter egg hunt. I would like to fill the eggs with non-candy items or at least things that are better for them. I am trying to teach my kids that candy is ok, but when they bring all this home from school parties, it is WAY too much. Any suggestions are always welcome. Thx! ;-)

Thanks for the suggestions. I have made a list and will go to the store this wkend. Thx for posting the link to the other post as well.

So fun! Here are some things I've done: stickers, tatoos, Goldfish, fruit snacks, bouncy balls, bandaids, hair clips, mini race cars (you have to get the bigger eggs for those sometimes), and coins. You can also look for Silly Putty and Play Doh that come in eggs already and use some of those. Also, Target sells some egg shaped sidewalk chalk and that would be really cute to just hide those all on their own since they are an egg shape.

I was just at Target last night and they had lots of small Easter favors that would work to put inside an egg. Simple things like small erasers, hair clips, ponytail holders, stickers, etc.

In the past I have put in trail mix or dried fruit (you might have to be careful about nut allergies if you're doing it for kids other than your own). Coins, marshmallows, fruit snacks, stickers. I tried tiny party favor kind of toys but that got expensive. You can fold up an un-inflated balloon or a coloring page. Hair accessories are sometimes small enough.

If you have a recipe for homemade playdough, you can stuff that in the eggs.

I just responded to a similar question last week I think. Here is the link, so you can read all her answers: http://www.mamapedia.com/questions/5230541889291223041
I thought lots of the ideas were great.

try hair clips,barretes,play jewlery...check out the dollar store.

Stickers are usually fun for the kids.

May be a little too late, but a great idea for the eggs is anything that makes noise. I had the same problem and tried a few different things, but the things the kids were the most excited about, even more so than the candy, were noise makers. Small whistles, not sure what they're called but those things you flip and they make a moo sound, and those really cheap popping "firecrackers" were their favorites. Next to the noise makers were toys with a function, stamp rings, colored pencil necklaces, small packs of temporary tattoos, etc. I just went to a party supply store with my son and one of his female classmates and grabbed what they each got excited about. Hope it helps!

1 / 3