Need Good Multi Vitamin/immune Support for 22 Month Old-

I'm looking for a good multi vitamin/ immune support for my niece. My sister is in the hospital with her 6 week old son with clinical meningitis, & I'm taking care of her children for her in the meantime. She gave me permission to go ahead & change her children's vitamins when I run out, of which I got them on in the first place, so I want to get them really strong & healthy for this flu season, & for their baby brother who may be coming home on a Picc line in the next week. I give my 22 Month old niece this liquid kind, can't remember the name of it right now, I put it in her juice twice a day, but I have to chase her around for an hour for her to take it, right now I'm using the method; No that's my juice, you better not drink it, Oh you drank my juice I'm gonna tickle you, game. LoL. She loves that game, but I don't want to wear the reverse psychology thing out too soon. LoL. I would like her to actually enjoy taking her vitamins. I also give her acidophilus that she chews up every morning that she likes. That's more for her eczema, but I know it also helps with her immune system. My other sister gives her kids this stuff called; Amazing Grass Kidz SuperFood, an organic chocolate milk drink mix, that's supposed to be great, but she her self told me she's not sure how good it does or not. Has anyone ever tried this? I know Ry would drink this with no problem, just not sure how good it is for her, it is Organic tho, which I do like. Her older 2 siblings are covered, they like their vitamins OK, so if anyone has any advise about what to give my niece, I'd be greatly appreciative! :)

Hi B.,

Sorry I am responding so late. My computer was down and I was out of town. I use wholefood supplements and I also make a drink with it and put it in popcycle molds for the children for a healthy snacks.

If you want more info let me know.

Have a great day.

N. Marie

In general, I believe that vitamins are not recommended for kids unless there is a deficiency. I would call the child's pediatrician especially since the child is so young. I believe that vitamins are a lifestyle choice. Some parents are "into" them but no doctor actually recommends them. Recent studies have shown vitamins to be worthless and, in some cases, detrimental to one's health.

Hi B.,

If you want more info let me know.

Have a great day.

N. Marie

You are a GREAT sister and aunt!!! :)

I don't have a suggestion for a vitamin since my kids are a little older but, since you sound very open to alternative medecine, (rather than just a drug for everything!), I do have a suggestion re: her eczema. Eczema is actually an inflammatory/autoimmune condition. It is a long story but gluten and dairy (and sometimes other food intolerances) are often the cause of eczema. I found out by talking to a nutritionst that I was gluten intolerant and removed it. My skin was better, my thyroid problem went away, I had MUCH more energy, my immune system improved, constipation went away, my muscle and joint aches disappeared, stomach problems disappeared, etc, etc, etc! I then removed it from my daughter's diet as well. Her long-standing eczema cleared up very quickly as did our asthma! We were able to go off all of our allergy and asthma meds. It was amazing.

Many people with sensory disorders, ADD/ADHD, Asperger Syndrome or Autism see an improvement in their behaviors and symptoms when they remove gluten and casein from their diets.

Gluten intolerance and celiac disease are genetic conditions and are really underdiagnosed. People suffer for years with increasing symptoms and most doctors are not quite getting it yet. They were never able to figure out why i was having so many problems. I encourage you to read about them online. Just search "gluten" or the word "celiac" along with "eczema" or any symptoms she or anyone else in your family is having. You will find lots of reading. If anyone in your family has autoimmune conditions (including diabetes), cancers, canker sores, digestive issues, migraines, unexplained aches, thyroid problems, numbness or tingling in hands or feet, Alzheimer's, fatigue, allergies or asthma, depression, anemia... You might want to look into this. It is more common than people think! :)

Sometimes, REMOVING things from the diet can be just as important as adding things. Food intolerances are different than allergies and won't be recognized on an allergy test.

A good nutritionist would be able to suggest a supplement for your niece. Let me know if you need anything else. I have lots of books and online articles I could share.
Take care.

No doubt you'll get a lot of responses, but the best immune support you can give anyone really is a whole. That's why I recommend Body Balance. It is a liquid that is blend of sea vegetables and aloe vera, and it naturally contains every mineral, vitamin, trace mineral, essential fatty acid you need. The company that produces it has been around and making it for 25 years now, so they have a solid track record. I take it and my son has been taking it for over 2 years. He has not missed 1 day of school, and the 2 times he did get sick it passed through him much more quickly - alas not missing any school.

We play a game about which superhero do you want to be because when you drink your superjuice your going to turn into a superhero.

If you want to hear more about Body Balance and the company that produces it, email me back and I can send you a link.

at around two the world of vitamins opens up, my daughter loves the nordic something brand of gummi vitamins and the primadophilous chewables

I've had great luck with the gummy bear vitamins that you can buy at Costco. My kids love to take them (they think they're candy, so I have to hide them way up high in a cupboard). Originally I bought the same gummy type vitamins at GNC, however I compared the ingredients with the ones from Costco, and they were the same, but the Costco kind were way cheaper. Obviously vitamins aren't as good as having kids eat a balanced diet - but as we all know, little ones rarely eat everything on their plates so the vitamins are good insurance that they're getting what they need!

The best vitamins you can give yourself and your family are whole fruits and vegetables. I haven't taken vitamins for years. I prefer to eat them in a very healthy diet. I eat about 5-10 fruit and veggie portions a day and a lot of fiber rich foods along with a good balance of protein. A multi-vit can't hurt, but nothing beats the real deal. A word of warning-be careful not to give your kids too much of certain fat soluable vitamins-I think one might be A? You can consume too much and that is not good.

I give my kids Iodine (called Idoral) and also Carlsons lemon flavored Cod Liver oil.

Idoral is a small pill but I don't know how you would get a toddler to take it. The reason I give iodine is because it saturates the thyroid, and our blood travels through the thyroid. Iodine kills bacteria, virus, protozoa, fungi.
Oatmeal (not the instant in a packet but old fashioned rolled oats) and bananas are also a good source of iodine. Diets high in refined carbs and baked goods are also high in bromine- besides it being a rat poison, bromine depletes iodine stores. 50 years ago iodine was used in commercial bread and baked products for dough enhancers, but they took it out and replaced it with bromine.

The chlorine and floride in our tap water depletes iodine stores.

Vit A and D are the immunity vitamins. You can get a hefty dose of each in Cod liver oil.

1 / 3