Need Glasses for My 2 Year Old

My 2 year old needs glasses. We already have the prescription from her ophthalmologist, so I don't need recommendations for eye doctors. I just need recommendations for places to purchase glasses that will fit my 2 year old. We live in Lewisville, so near there would be nice, but we will travel in the area to find a good fit. Thanks so much.

Our daughter has been wearing glasses since the age of 3. She is now 6. We love Lenscrafters at Vista Ridge Mall. We have tried other places, but they are not the same. They are great with kids and have great prices.

There was a consumer news oriented report on the best place to purchase glasses in terms of correctness of prescription and Costco was one of the top places listed. That's where we got my son's glasses (at the one in Lewisville) and they do have them for smaller kids and the staff seemed knowledgeable.

After going through 6 pair of glasses in less than 3 months for my 3 year (bought at Pearlevision) I needed someplace cheaper!!!

Pearlevision was always very nice and accomodating, but I would expect that as often I was in there! Their warranty war for 50% of the cost of the frames for the first 6 months for breakage... then I would find out they don't carry those frames anymore, and would have to get new lenses.

We went to the new Wal-Mart and was able to get him 2 pair of glasses for $150. We bought more expensive frames, but they start at $10. Wal-Mart warrants the frames and the prescription for 1 year at zero cost.

We got glasses for my daughter when she was 2 also. We went to Arlington Eye Wear. They had a decent selection in those tiny little frames and the folks who work there are obsessive about getting a good fit.

It's a small shop, and they close for lunch, so I'd definitely call before heading down there.

1 / 3