Need Glasses/contacts; No Vision Coverage

My two teenage daughters and I all need eye exams and glasses/contacts. Where is the most affordable place here in Grapevine?

I wound up going to Wal-Mart because of the convenience of having more available hours. I probably could have gotten a better deal if I had been more patient. Bottom line, though, I did get my eyes examined and I now have new contacts and glasses. I'm glad I finally took care of me.

M., you can contact a local chapter of the Optimistic Club & the Lion's Club. They used to help children for free who needed glasses. I do not have a number for any of their chapters. Google them and see if you can get a number.

After you have received your prescription, you can purchase your glasses at zennioptical.com at real affordable prices.
The glasses there start at only US$ 8 and they have good frames.

Costco in Grapevine is very reasonable.

Try Grapevine Optical located on the north end of Main Street. I think they have a coupon for $99 and that gets you the eye exam and contacts. I go there and really like the office staff and Dr. Bartlett. When I first went there I didn't realize that I didn't have vision coverage through my husbands insurance and they told me about the coupon... it was in one of the local papers. Not sure if they still do this or not but you might want to call and find out.

I've had good luck with the optician at Walmart. Glasses very reasonable and they did an excellent job fitting me. They usually have a section with the less expensive frames all together. (yeah I was surprised, it was much better than I expected) I'd definitely go back there.

I think the optomitrist at WM is a bit cheaper than the other local ones but not by much. $45 or so.

I've heard that Costco and Sams are the best value and I don't think you need a membership for either to get exam/glasses. Consumer Reports ran a report a few years ago, and not only were they the best value, but I believe they were most accurate in the prescriptions when they ground the lenses.

We've had excellent service on affordable glasses at Costco.

Check into AmeriPlan. It costs only $19.95/mo for your entire household (related or not) and you can get discounts of 20% to 60% on frames, lenses, tints; 10% to 55% on opthalmology eye exams and even LASIK surgery; 10% to 20% on contact lenses and more. AmeriPlan is accepted at Eyemasters, Lenscrafters, Sears, Walmart, JC Penny, Pearle Vision, etc. You also receive discounts on dental, prescription drugs and chiropractic care on this same plan at no extra charge. They offer medical plans from $30 to $60/mo also. You can check their website for more info at www.DNShealth.net or feel free to contact me for more info at ###-###-####.
~ N.

Dr. Chang is the Optometrist adjacent to Southlake Costco -only $85 for contact exam and I don't think you have to have a membership. If you have a membership, Costco is very reasonable for glasses/contacts.

1 / 3