Need Gentle Face Cleaner for 11 Year Old. Any Suggestions?

My 11 year old daughter is starting to get small blemishes on her face. Can anyone recommend a gentle cleanser for this age?

Thanks so much everyone! It was nice to explore choices. At least I have an idea of what's out there now. DD and I will go "cleanser" shopping with the list of products. She wants to choose which one to get. Thanks again everyone!!!!

Hi L., I am a aesthetician here in Fort Worth and I would suggest either a Aveeno cleansr or possibly a Neutrogena cleanser. Some really like Cetaphyl, but any of these I would feel safe with. Good Luck!!

I recommend the FC5 from Arbonne. There was another lady on here who mentioned it. The only thing I will add is if for whatever reason you are not satisfied there is a 45 day money back guarantee.

Hope this helps!

Try Clinique. It is very gentle. It is a little expensive, but it lasts a long time. It is never too early to start good skin care.

CETAPHIL, 100%! When I got pregnant I had to stop using my Proactive and Cetaphil was suggested. I can't tell you how happy I am with it. Both my pre-teen daughters now use it as well and it's perfect, very gentle. I've tried every anti-acne wash and even sold some of it myself. Don't waste your money! Buy a bar of Cetaphil for your daughter and one for yourself.

Just started my 11 year old on the Velocity line by Mary Kay. I've used Mary Kay Time Wise for YEARS and can't use anything else. I'm not a Mary Kay rep and have no desire to be...I just truly love their product. I don't even buy it from a rep. I regularly get it for 50% - 60% off on ebay. Just make sure sellers list the expiration dates for the product and have 100% positive feedback. I don't use their makeup though. I have sensitive skin and break out with a number of things. I use Everyday Minerals makeup as it's one of the few mineral makeups that do not contain Bismuth Oxychloride (just a tip for future reference) I let my daughter this year going into 6th grade pick out a few very light neutral shades when I placed my last order and she was super excited to take this next step in her "maturing"

Well at that age she is getting oily so something oil free that will cleanse but close the pores back up like a toner. You can buy them seperately or get a 2 in 1 item. I sell Avon so if you would like to check out our products they are the walmart of beauty supplies so you can always find a good deal for some great products. I have 2 boys that are 12 and 14 and they have been using the Clearskin line. One uses the cleansing pads with a scrub with toner in it. my oldest just likes to use the cleansing pads and refuses to put on a toner so he dries out his skin a lot but one of these days he will listen lol. Good luck! I live in Granbury and if you live close by I can always come over and show you some products. ###-###-####

My daughter who is also 11 uses the Velocity cleanser and moisturizer from Mary Kay. It is made for young skin and works really well for her.

Cetaphil Gentle cleanser

I just bought my daughter the Dove (wand?) I'm not sure what is called but it is white battery operated handle and you buy the pads separately. It's about 10.00. She loves it, it cleans great and is very gentle. I use it to but I buy the exfoliating pads for mine!

Our daughter uses Zap It by Melaleuca. I love the cleaner because it is a natural cleaner which contains salicylic acid and melaleuca oil. Let me know if you would like additional information. Thanks

Hi, L.. I use Dove and love it! It is so gentle on your skin. I would imagine it would be good for tween/teen skin, too, as it is very mild and moisturizing but not oily.

I also wanted to say it's great that you're looking out for her skin. Our skin is so important and can make a big impact on our self esteem, especially for a young person. I hope you find something soon that works. Best wishes!

1 / 3