Need Financial Assistance Paying Hospital Co-pay

Hello Moms,

I have insurance coverage thru my employer, however even with the deductible I received a hospital bill for $1500. I have contacted the hospital, Torrance Memorial, and am having a hard time trying to get the bill reduced or a payment plan arranged. Can anyone suggest if there's any assistance programs that I can contact?

Tks!!

try Carecredit...it's a medical like program. You apply like a credit card and they ok, then you use that to pay whatever medical bills you have and then pay the program back. They will ok you for an amount and you would use it like a credit card, but pay the program back. It's basically for medical, dental help...the website is Carecredit and takes a few minutes to fill out applicate and get a response...

This might be an option for you: tell them you want to pay it all at once - and what reduced price can they give you for an immediate payment? An "All cash" payment sometimes gives you the reduced rate.
Worth a try.

I agree with T.A. I am currently paying in installments to LB Memorial which is in the same group as Torrance Memorial. Just let them know you are paying $50/month or something along those lines.

I'm pretty sure as long as you are paying *something* regularly (weekly, monthly) that they cannot send it to collections. So just start by sending in an amount you can afford and see where they'll go from there. In these economic times, I think they'd rather have something paid in increments than not at all...

Hi R.,

My husband and I teach families how to make and save extra money, and our service is free of charge. If you'd like to schedule an appointment to get more information, give me a call at ###-###-####. Thanks.

L. Stroud

Hello R.!
My deductable is $1500 too!! I did not have any trouble setting up a payment plan. I paid $50 a month, they even sent a bill every month. They will not reduce it but they will take payments. Call the Business Services Center ###-###-####.

-Good Luck

1 / 3