Need Crock Pot Rec. Full Time Working Parents!

just wondering i would LOVE to start throwing stuff in a crock pot before work so i have more time with my son after i get home .
love to hear ur answers!!
thanks

Shredded Chicken Tacos

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1-16oz jar Pace Picante sauce
tortillas, taco toppings of choice

Put chicken in crockpot, cover with picante sauce and cook on low 8hrs. Shred with fork, cook 10 minutes more. Serve on tortillas with any toppings you enjoy! My family LOVES these and they are great for superbowl! I make a much larger batch and enjoy the leftovers when we have them!

LOVE LOVE LOVE their website: http://www.crock-pot.com/Recipes.aspx

The pulled pork is one of my family and friend's favorites. Everyone asks me, how did you make this so juicy! (The think I slow cooked it over the BBQ!) And we use Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce and serve it with some cole slaw. YUM!

I have a super easy lasagne crock pot recipe. I also have a word doc of "easy" recipes that I have cut and pasted. If you or anyone else wants it, just message me your email address and I'll be happy to send it. =)

Slow Cooker Lasagna
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 4 Hours Ready In: 4 Hours 10 Minutes
Servings: 6

"Lasagna noodles are layered with sausage and mozzarella cheese in this easy slow cooker dinner."

INGREDIENTS:
1 (1 pound) package Bob Evans(R) Italian Sausage Roll
1 (9 ounce) package no-boil lasagna noodles, broken into 2 pieces
12 ounces ricotta cheese
3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
2 (26 ounce) jars pasta sauce
1 tablespoon dried parsley
DIRECTIONS:
1. Spray interior of slow cooker with non-stick vegetable spray.
2. In medium skillet over medium heat, crumble and cook sausage until brown. Place in slow cooker. Add noodles, ricotta, 2 cups mozzarella, pasta sauce and parsley. Stir gently to combine.
3. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours. 5 minutes before serving, top with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Cover to melt cheese.

I lb. of beef, lamb, pork. Can be diced or whole roast with or with out bone.
1 package of organic baby carrots
3 whole organic potatoes, cubed
green beans
a packet of stew or pot roast seasoning
Corn, either in the crock pot, or boiled ears of corn to have corn on the cob with the roast/stew.
Some crescent rolls or crusty bread from the bakery.

Wonderful easy meal, come home, bake the rolls, or cut the bread and eat.

Also, yes you can buy crock put recipe books, they have a lot of fun recipes in there.

Also, Crock pot Enchiladas:

1lb. ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped (if desired)
1-2 cloves of garlic, minced (or garlic powder)
pinch of sea salt
pepper
6 corn tortillas
2 cups corn (or 15-oz can)
1 19-oz can enchilada sauce
8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
1 2-1/2 oz. can sliced ripe olives, drained
1 cup sour cream

Brown ground beef and drain. Add onion and garlic; cook over medium heat until tender and transparent. Add salt and pepper. Place 2 tortillas in bottom of crockpot. Place a third of the following in layers over the tortillas: meat, corn, sauce, cheese and olives. Repeat tortillas and other layers two times. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours Serve with sour cream.

Shredded Chicken Tacos

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1-16oz jar Pace Picante sauce
tortillas, taco toppings of choice

I like pulled beef or pork with sweet BBQ sauce.

Place a 2 lb. chuck roast and a quartered onion in the crockpot.
Don't add any liquid.
Cook on low 7-8 hours.
Drain liquid created from the roast. Discard.
Shred beef with 2 large forks.
Mix half bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's (or other) with 1/2 c. apricot preserves.
Pour sauce into meat.
Mix.
Warm for 15 additional minutes.
Serve on buns.

Sometimes I throw frozen meatballs and spagetti sauce in the crockpot for meatball sandwiches. Also, you can use the meatballs with mushrooms and brown gravy. We serve them over egg noodles.

Take Denise P's two lbs of meat and divvy it up for a few nights before you add her sauce. One night, do her BBQsauce. The other night, put the cooked meat in a pan with salsa and make tacos. Another night, add wax peppers or bell pepper or any other variation and put it on fresh sourdough bread. Two lbs of meat can make a lot of meals!

I love to make round steak in my crock pot. get a round steak I like the thicker one not the super thing ones. I cut it into pieces and then flour it. spray the bottom of the crock pot with some pam or even better get some of those crock pot bags. lay the round steak in the crock pot. Sprinkle a package of lipton onion soup mix in. pour in about a half cup of water. cover tightly and let it go. it will be really good after work. sometimes I put a can of mushroom soup mix in that makes amazing gravy. cook on low for about 8 to 10 hours.

1 / 3