Need Creative Idea for a Teddy Bears Name for Child Who Had Surgery

Updated on March 31, 2011
M.!. asks from Boulder, CO

When my son was 1 he fell into his grandma's coffee table and we had to get stiches in his eye brow. At the emergency room they gave him a Teddy Bear while they stiched him up. So, Teddy Bear got the name "Stitch" which always stays in his bed. Then at 3 he had to have his tonsils removed and received another bear, which recieved the name "Tonsi" and this bear too has styed in our sons bed everynight to sleep with.

Both my children had surgery yesterday; my son tubes put in his ear and my dd tonsils and adnoids removed. Both received a new bear and we named our dd's bear "Addy" for Adnoids but we still haven't come up with a name for my sons new bear for the Tubes put in his ear. As you can see we kind of name them after the surgery that was performed. Any ideas for a name for tubes put in the ear?

• Add your own comment
  • Ask your own question
  • Join the Mamapedia community
  • as inappropriate
  • this with your friends

answers from Saginaw on

ooby him ooby for short. :)

answers from New York on

p.s. hope they're feeling better soon!

answers from Minneapolis on

Cute idea..bummer of a track record!
I would also go with Tooby for the tube reference...

answers from Muncie on

Just to throw another one out How about Audi short for Audiologist.

answers from Chicago on

I like Tubby and Toby, but was thinking that now that the children are older maybe they should be the one(s) to name the bear...?

answers from Portland on

How about Eustace (for eustachian tubes)? You could nickname him "Eusty" as in "I eusty (used to) have owie ears, but now I have tubes so they don't hurt."

answers from Cleveland on

how about "ET" ear tubes

Next question: Tonsilitis