Need Compact Digital Camera, Pocket Size - Any Recommendations??

I am looking for a small fairly inexpensive digital camera for everyday use? My good camera is too big/bulky. I'm looking for something under $200.

Kodak EasyShare. It is small, easy to use, easy to transfer photos and the pics are incredible quality.

Enjoy!

I love my Canon Powershot

Enjoy!

I have the same suggestion as Marianne. I love my canon powershot sd 880... Canon makes the best small point and shoot cameras.

good luck

www.thosecrazybeans.blogspot.com

My hubby just bought one for his trip and we found a bunch at Walmart for under 200. Go try them out and see which one feels good in your hand.

Jumping on the Canon bandwagon. I have a powershot SD790IS Digital Elph. I know that last year they were available at Costco at a really reasonable price.

I am also a committed Canon user. My larger digital camera and my pocket size are both Canons. For the pocket size, I followed a Consumer Reports recommendation and got the SD1200 IS elph which is running about $149 right now at most places on sale (or was last week.)

One feature I am quite particular about is have a view finder in addition to the display screen. There are times that I am out in bright sunlight and am unable to really see the screen. By having a view finding window, you can look through it to catch your shot in these situations. I found that most pocket cameras, including higher priced models, do not have this feature. It may not be important to you but it is something to consider.

I have a Nikon Coolpix in Red - L20 I think - and LOVE IT. Paid 120 on Amazon... highly recommend... fits in my pocket/diaper bag/purse and takes good pics and decent video.

I have the Cannon Powershot 1000 and LOVE it. It's tiny and it takes AWESOME pictures and great videos, has a great viewfinder, zoom, etc. It's right around $200 depending on where you go... try www.PriceGrabber.com to get the best deals online (I found mine there @ Beach Camera). Sometimes you can find it on sale for $180 or so.

Hope this helps!

A.

Canon Powershot. I did a lot of research before I got mine and I love it. I had one for about 8 years then I lost it. I went and got another one, the exact same kind (digital elph) because I loved it so much. Small, easy to use, great quality photos for $199. I got mine online.

I am a HUGE fan of Canon (our big camera is a Canon), but my hubby needed a pocket sized camera for a work trip he took back in Sept. We found a Kodak Easy Share for $89 at Target. It has a video setting and a ton of other settings. I have never been a fan of the smaller cameras since their zoom is pretty much negligible, but this one is great. I can throw it in the diaper bag or my purse, and it is REALLY easy to use. It takes great pictures and the video is great too. The only draw back is that it doesn't have a speaker on the camera itself (it records sounds), so when you want to play back the videos and hear the sound, you have to download it onto your computer. Good luck on your decision! Have fun with it too!

We recently got a Sony Cybershot DSC-W290. Great zoom and video quality, easy to use. We found it on sale for a little under $200.

I love my canon powershot sd 880 is. I think this is over $200, but it is the top of the line for this type of canon camera. They have several great small cameras in the powershot/elph range.