Need Cheap Car Insurance

Updated on September 13, 2011
M.H. asks from Inglewood, CA

My car insurance was dropped. (not for accidents, but 2 late payments in a row). I am extremely financially strapped right now. I need a good recommendation for a cheap insurance place. All I can afford is the minimum required by law. Any suggestions?

• Add your own comment
  • Ask your own question
  • Join the Mamapedia community
  • as inappropriate
  • this with your friends

So What Happened?

Thank you so much. I got about 8 different quotes. I gave Monique a call and she was VERY helpful. Thanks Monique!

answers from Los Angeles on

Hi, try Eastwood Insurance. Right now there is no money down. Look online for a quote. I pay $65 a month with 2 accidents. My carrier is Infinity Insurance. Eastwood is the broker.

answers from Los Angeles on

I was paying twice as much before I went to West Coast Insurance. I am paying full coverage both cars for under $100.
I went to the one on Carson St. and Normandie Ave.

answers from Los Angeles on

HI M.,
I'm an insurance agent, give me a call for a free quote and if you like the pirce there won't be any money down, the company we have will bill you directly.

answers from Los Angeles on

If you only need liability insurance for your car the State of California has a little heard of insurance plan for low income households. It is extremely cheap, but they do not offer anything but liability, if you're still paying off a loan on your car and the lien holder requires comprehensive coverage you won't be able to use this service.

You can find information here:

Since my car is still being paid off I went with I got the quote online and paid online, and printed my policy and cards right from the website. The only time I had to call is when they lowered my premium. I called to make sure it wasn't a mistake.

Hope this info helps. Goodluck!

answers from Medford on

I've got relative in California who rave about ThomCo insurance. I think they would be pretty competitive for base insurance coverage.

Next question: Why Is Geico So Cheap?