Need Advice on Yeast Infections Treatmeants for 11 Month Old

My daughter is on different medications right now and I believe they are causing for her to have a yeast infection. I noticed this morning that she is swollen, red, and constantly grabbing at her diaper. I have been using diaper rash cream till I can get into the doctor. Does anyone know of any other treatment options I could use for my daughter? Thank you

Lotrimin w/1% is what my ped told us for my daughter, and to discontinue diaper cream for now as they only make the area worse!

My 11 month old just had one. Peditrician told us to use Lotrimin AF. Do not use diaper rash creams...they just feed teh yeast. We experimented with several but Lotrimin AF worked best.

Load up on the probiotics - you can get them at Whole Foods, Central Market, or Sprouts. Look near the vitamins, in a refrigerated section. You can open up a capsule and sprinkle the probiotics on her food, or dip a wet finger into the powder (after opening the capsule) and let her suck your finger. Yogurt is also a great idea.

I hope she starts to feel better soon.

My daughter was on preventitive antibiotics and used to get yeast infections a lot. My doctor had me use the same over the counter cream I would. Just use the external cream only, no inserts.

We always use anti fungal cream from walmart! It's in the foot isle. It's used for athletes foot but it works perfect on diaper rash and yeast infections. It's for external only but it will clear her bottom up fast!

Our pedi recommended anti-fungal cream for athletes foot. Lotrimin AF worked the best for us, and cleared it right up.

Stop using any zinc products, as they will trap in the yeast and moister and make it worse, them yes Lotrumin Af or generic will work perfectly, no need to call the Dr. save the money.

Wal-Mart's athlete's foot cream mixed in equal portions with cortisone cream. And feed plain unsweetened yogurt with live cultures.

You could water down some cranberry juice for start...
I would clean her, use lotrimin (sp) and then use some corn starch baby powder... There is a mixture with maalox in it that helps too... I found a site because I can't remember the exacts. This is what I typed in "maalox diaper mix for yeast infection" and here is one of the sites. http://www3.nbnet.nb.ca/normap/diaperrash.htm I tried lots of different things. My son was on antibiotics often... it was hell! lol

good luck!

1 / 3