Need Advice on Good Deodorant/antiperspirant or Alternative

Hello Ladies! I need some help/advice on a somewhat embarrasing subject. My 3rd and final baby has turned 1. Ever since I had her, my armpits have been horrible!!!! I can't seem to find a deodorant that works. The most recent that I tried is the Degree clinical strenght. I never had this problem with any of my other girls and I thought it would go away, needless to say, that has not happened. It is so bad that even after I shower... they do not smell completely clean. There is always a lingering odor. This is really starting to make me self conscience... any and all advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!

WOW! WOW! AND WOW AGAIN!!! Thank you ladies for all of your wonderful responses and suggestions. It certainly helps to know of other mama's out there who have gone through the same, or similar situations.
I am going to try out ALL of them!! LOL. Definitely start with one (the baking soda/water technique seems the easiest/least expensive) and move from there crossing them out one at a time until I find something that works for me.
Once again. THANKS!!

C.,
The only thing I know is a good antibacterial soap, like Dial gold, can help. Also odor will linger in hair, so shaving every day may also help....

I have tried all the Clinical deoderants and none of those really worked for me and I couldn't see spending so much on them. I tried Mitchum and love it. It is a gel deoderant and it works. I like to put it on and let it dry before I put my shirt on. I have always had a sweat problem, my sisters, aunt and grandmother (passed) all deal with this. The Mitchum is only $2-3, too. Good luck!

I use Certain Dri. It's an anti-perspirant that has no scent and protects for a couple of days. Good luck with whatever you try.

Use the Aresol spray. It works better and you stay dry.

Funny you should ask...I just read an article about this the other day. I had the same problem during pregnancy. It said the most important part of odor elimination is to make sure to shave the armpit every day. Apparantly, the odor clings to even the shortest hairs. I ended up using Sure original solid deodorant/antiperspirant. The original solid works great. I wanted to use something that didn't get on my clothes and so I tried the invisible solid but it didn't work. I am careful when I pull on my clothes and if I do get deodorant on them, I use a wet washcloth to clean it off. I like the fresh scent but all of them are good. HTH

C.,

Hi C..

I have recently had the same problem. After my baby girl, my usual deoderant wasn't working..and after trying several kinds, I kept finding that I never felt like my underarms would be 'clean'. I always had a residue from the deoderant, and it was terrible. I finall tried Dri-Idea roll on deoderant. It is GREAT! It dries immediately, leaves no white residue, and after you shower, your underarms are clean! No residue. It works so well for me, I will never switch. I hope that helps. I know it is crazy trying to figure your body out after each baby! :)

I hear you sister. I have always been very warm natured and perspire like crazy. I also do special events and carry lots of "secrets" to help keep wedding parties stay as fresh as possible during Texas summer weddings..

First of all you will need to use deodorant bath soap. I use dial gold bar so it is not scented.. Do not use this on your face. It will dry it out..Wash with a washcloth, really good.. Wash under your breasts, scrub under your arms all the way down to your waist really well. Scrub the lower part of your back arms really well.. You have sweat glands that reach not just under your arm..

Our bathroom is not very well ventilated, so in the summer, I keep the hair dryer available to help totally dry off my body in the areas I cannot reach...You may want to purchase a small fan and stand in front of it to totally dry off. I also use "Secret Clinical strength" deodorant at night right after the shower. This does not work after a morning shower. Read the directions, it has to be put on at night.

Here is the part that freaks people out, but it works.. Spray on Deodorant. I use "Right Guard" Sport unscented" spray on deodorant. And spray it over all of the sweat areas.. Under the breast, belly, and lower back put on your panties and then spray between your thighs. You can even spray your feet.

On Brides about to wear a wedding dress I spray them ALL over their bodies... It works great every time.

I know some people will freak out about all of the aluminum in deodorants but I work with the public and have to be dry and cool. I cannot tolerate body odor and do not want people to smell my BO.. Also I have to be dressed up at these events and so not want sweat to be visible through my clothing. I end up in photos and do not want to look like a sweaty pig.

Too other moms...I have tried so many "healthy" products and wasted so much money, please do not send me any information about what you sell.. I promise, I really have tried EVERYTHING else.. even powders.. I have migraines and cannot use scented products either, so this is what works that does not have any scents..

I read almost every post and there were two things I did not see anyone talk about.
First. I discovered years ago, that If i wash my underarms with soap, and don't rinse it very thoroughly, I would stink in no time at all! It's important to get all that soap residue off, or your body reacts to it.
Second.If you apply your (roll on, or solid) deoderant to (less than clean) underarms, you put the bacteria from your underarms into your deoderant and later re-apply it! I also learned this the hard way! Once you begin to smell, you can apply all the deoderant you want to, but it's not going to take that smell away. always wash thoroughly before applying your deoderant to clean underarms. I have thrown away deoderants that were half full, as they were making me stink, because I had contaminated them with the bacteria from my own underarms. always wash first...then apply! Good luck!

I ride horses, which in this heat can leave me pretty stinky...and sometimes I need to stop at the store on the way from the barn to the house..so this is a problem I have dealt with! The antibacterial soap is a must. My husband has always been a Dove soap user- that doesn't cut it for me in the summer. Shave every day. And recently another rider friend recommended Secret Clinical- and that stuff WORKS! Maybe it is a little different than the Degree- maybe if you try it with the antibacterial soap and shaving then the combo of things will work together. If not- check with your doctor because there are prescription strength antiperspirants that should help. Good luck...

1 / 3