Need a Second Job That Doesn't Require Too Much Time Away from Home

I am in dire need of a second job to repair some of the extensive damage done to my finances in the past couple of years. I already work fulltime in Boston (we live in Lynn) and leave my 2 and a half year old in daycare almost 50 hours a week. Since we typicaly get home in time to eat, bathe and go to sleep, I am very hesitant to commit to another job that will me away from her even more. Since it is just the 2 of us with a hefty mortgage, however, I can't keep ignoring the mounting bills. Does anyone have any suggestions for a PT job that won't take me away from my little girl every evening an/or weekend? I have looked into a number of those work-from-home programs, but they all seem to require investments and sales that I fear will not yield enough to actually help us out financially. At the moment we need to bring in another $1500 per month just to make ends meet. Any suggestions (and support) and appreciated! Anyone who has tried something you feel I should stay away from please share.

Any leads you get and wouldn't mind sharing would be greatly appreciated... I am in the same boat as you (single Mom of a 2.5 year old daughter and I also work full time and have to leave my daughter in daycare but need to find a way to make more money from home preferably).

Good luck, and I look forward to hearing from you!
M. :)

p.s. I used to be a Lia Sophia Advisor but it is a HUGE financial investment (maybe not up front but there are many hidden costs as you go) and it was very time-consuming, having to have many parties in other people's homes. I simply did not find the money to be worth it... so I would steer clear of anything like that. But that's just my opinion.

I know others have suggested getting a roomate with another single mom - I've done it. My daughter and I lived in a large apartment with other single parents, in Jamaica Plain MA. Each roomate had two bedrooms - it was a hippy dippy yet fun experience, you just have to find the right people to share your life with, until you can swing that mortgage, or meet a life partner...a good resource is www.co-abode.com, a "match making" service for single mothers looking to share housing.

I don't have advice for a second job but I do have several friends who have been in your shoes. What they have found most relieving of stress was to find a roommate. One found another single mom, so they were able to be support to each other - one could watch the two kids while the other got the groceries or napped or did laundry or whatever. Sometimes they became close, sometimes not. For my friends, it was much easier than trying to find more time to work.

M. :)

I recently hosted a Tupperware party in which the consultant informed me that she makes a great living off of selling Tupperware, in addition, I have an aunt that sold it part time in the past and make some great extra money. I do not know this first hand but it may be worth you taking a look into.

How about a second job that allows you to work mostly from home? I too work full-time but last November I was introduced to a Wellness Company that manufactures safe and healthy products for our homes, ourselves and the environment. I love this second job of mine and would be happy to tell you about it if you are interested.

Best Wishes,

You will probably get a lot of emails about network marketing companies, and this is one of them. I have a home based business as an independent consultant with Arbonne International. You can work part-time (10-15 hours a week) and make anywhere from a few hundred a month to a huge six figure salary. It is your business, so you work it around your schedule. If you can be out of the house two nights a week that's great, if not, you can find other ways to reach out to clients.

Arbonne's products are pure, safe and beneficial. The anti-aging skin care line is amazing and has patents pending in Switzerland and the US. We have a wonderful baby care line you may be interested in as well. I live in North Reading and would be happy to sit down with you and explain how it works. It's really very simple and I would help you every step of the way. Check out my website at www.maureenbrunner.myarbonne.com. This may be the answer for you.
Thanks,
M. Brunner
Independent Consultant, District Manager
Arbonne International
###-###-####

I am part of the Bizymoms Jacksonville community. This is the best 2 websites I’ve come across:

http://www.AWSurveys.com/HomeMain.cfm?RefID=waseem26

http://www.PaidToClick.in/index.php?ref=umarakram26

S., I read your story and feel I should respond. I am a Sales Director with Mary Kay Cosmetics. I know that you are not looking for an investment business or anything that will take you from your daughter. I understand this. However, let me tell you what Mary Kay really has to offer. We are founded on the principle of enriching women's lives. Clearly financial soundness is enriching. Here are the nuts and bolts. Yes, it is necessary to become a Beauty Consultant. This is an expense (investment, really) of $113.00 (this total includes the tax and shipping) for a beauty kit containing enough product to introduce 30 women to it. Having inventory on hand is the easist way of working but it IS NOT NECESSARY. Clear a space at home and make this your STUDIO. Invite women to come to you. Order the product after the demonstration and sale. It is not easy for sure. But, it is not easy carrying the load you are carrying either. Mary Kay is peopled with women who began with less and needed to make it happen. So they did. Great income potential DOES EXIST. IMMEDIATELY. You do not have to wait to get your money. S., the training IS PROVIDED for you. Should you respond through me, I mentor you. I teach you how to do what needs doing to build a business. Spring is a great time to start. You are surrounded with potential customers...S., $113. could be your answer. I don't know you so I don't know whether or not something like this appeals to you. But financial pressure for sure does not appeal. This Mary Kay business works, if you do. It's starts in your normal walk in life. I KNOW the relief present in what I am presenting here. It IS really the dream job. But like anything of value, it requires effort on your part. I would be happy to share the details with you if you have an interest...it is as I said it was though...$113. to start and to begin to earn that almost $400.00 extra a week you are in need of. Please respond S., I know it can help. My name is J. Eisenberg and my phone number is ###-###-####.

1 / 3