Need a Good Vet for Our New Shelter Puppy!

We live in Stoney Hollow Estates and I'm looking for a good vet that is near for our new puppy. There are several in the area, but I'd like to get a referral.

got lots of input and selected a vet

Congratulations on the new puppy! Unfortunately I am very directionally challenged and am not familiar with the location of Stoney Hollow Estates.  However, there is a GREAT animal clinic on Park and Custer. When I moved to Plano this clinic was referred to me and I will not go anywhere else. ALL the people there are absolutely wonderful. I have a 120 lb American Bulldog and two cats that all go to this clinic. The people there truly care about the animals they see. Anyone that gets on the floor and plays with my sometimes (most times)overly excited 120 lb dog is great in my book.  Good luck! I hope this information was helpful.

Parker Animal and Bird Clinic
2129 W. Parker Rd. Ste. A
Plano, TX 75023
###-###-####

Hi J.: I have a GREAT vet that I've used for 15 years, and I'd never go anywhere else:

It's just west of Custer on Parker, at Parker & Custer in Plano.

The Doctor we use is Dr. Chuck Blonien, but all of them are very, very good...just in case Dr. Blonien is booked.

Parker Animal & Bird Clinic
2129 Custer Rd
Plano, TX

###-###-####

Good Luck with your pup!

Parker Animal and Bird Clinic
2129 W. Parker Rd. Ste. A
Plano, TX 75023
###-###-####

We live not too far from you and take our dog to Murphy Road Animal Hospital off of Murphy Road. It's on the Murphy/Sasche line. The vets have always been great and when we had to have our dog unexpectedly spayed (she was my granddad's farm dog and she lived outside) the called me after the surgery to let me know she was okay and also e-mailed a few days later to check on her. It's probably about 10 min. from your house at the most. Hope that helps!

J., here's one more recommendation for you that's near Spring Creek and Coit in Plano, the southwest corner, a bit south, if that works for you: Dr. James Sharp. He's a wonderful vet and we've been very pleased with him.

We take our greyhound to Dr. Marijean Grunewald at North Plano Animal Hospital. She spends time with our dog, is knowledgable, experienced and reasonable in her recommendations for his care. The staff is friendly and attentive, and the wait is usually short. The greyhound adoption agency takes all the pups in their care to her. We have been very, very happy with North Plano Animal Hospital. Good luck!

I do not know where Stoney Hollow estates is in plano, but my vet is on Frankford not too far from the Tollroad and he is wonderful.

Jeffrey Kunde

We go to North Plano Animal Hospital - Dr. Andrea Komkov - she is great! The whole staff is really nice - and Dr. Komkov is the best. We have an big older dog with a lot of health issues - and Dr. Komkov comes in and gets right down on the floor with her - so we don't have to put her up on the table. I really recommend them. They are at Legacy & Independence.

Custer Parkway Animal Hospital
2905 Custer Rd
Plano, TX 75075
###-###-####

My friend is a receptionist there and has worked there for three years now. They care about your animal, not your money. They will even set up payment plans if you cannot afford services! I had to have a major dental surgery on my cat, and owe over $1400, and I am currently paying them $50 a month. They are awesome! I have refferred all my friends and family there, and they agree, even my mother-in-law who has a diabetic dog who takes insulin shots. Please give them a call, they are worth the drive. I drive all the way from Wylie to see them.

1 / 3