Need a Good Underarm Deodorant for Sensitive Skin

I know this is a strange request, but I can't use anti-persperant. The last time I tried using anti-persperant was last year, for about 1.5 months. My underarms became itchy, red and swollen and drove me crazy. It took several months to feel normal again. I tried again this year as I went from part-time to full-time work, but had the same reaction, so I quit using it after 1 week (Arm and Hammer, unscented). I am now using Tom's of Maine unscented deodorant. It used to be enough for me, but not recently. As I work all day 1-on-1 with clients, I am really aware when I smell bad. Anything I were to try would need to have an unscented option (even natural scents irritate my skin). I would really appreciate it if anyone had a product, or natural, recommendation. Thanks!

Try Miessence organic deodorant ~ it's natural and does come in an unscented version. My brother had the same reaction to antiperspirants that you mentioned, and this works great for him. I love it! Many of my friends have tried it, and reported back that it was the first natural deodorant they'd tried that actually worked! It is a roll-on and it lasts a long time. Here is a link to order it online:

https://aromatherapist.mionegroup.com/product/13303

Is it the aluminum zirconium that you are allergic too?? If so, then you're best bet would be to look for ones that are aluminum free. I was able to find some in health food stores (Whole Foods, etc) and a couple at Target.

Tom's stopped working for me too. I researched a few options, and settled on Lavulin. I heard about it in Vogue. It's a cream that you apply ONCE A WEEK!!. Totally hypo-allergenic, natual ingredients, altho it does have talc in the cream, so use your own assessment on that (I figured that I wouldn't be breathing it, so for me it's OK). I think I paid ~ $12.00 for a small tub at Berkeley Bowl about 6 months ago, and I still have the same one - so the cost is really the same as the sticks. It works for me so well, and I work with clients too - I always make sure that I wear cotton and other natural fabrics on days when I see clients, no lycra or other poly tops.

Try using backing soda or cornstarch (or both.) You will probably have to re-apply several times. I'd suggest keeping a small container of it at your desk with a powder puff and just dab on as nessasary.

There is a company called Lush. I have used several of their products and loved them although a bit pricey. Last Christmas I found a store local (it is a UK company) and bought products I would have normally not, one of them being deodorant. I also have very sensitive skin, especially after shaving. I was shocked at how well it worked I even perspired while walking on warm days and was wet, but no odor!! Especially when on my menstrual cycle my BO is bad, but this deodorant even works during that time of the month. The only complaint I had was that it turned hard after a while. I think this may have been because I kept it on the bathroom sink, like a bar of soap.
http://usa.lush.com/cgi-bin/lushdb/index.html?lang=en_US&...

1 / 3