Need a Good Song Choice for Family Slideshow Dvd

For my mothers birthday this year I have decided to make her a slideshow dvd of family pictures throughout the years. The pictures will compile of mom, dad, kids and grandkids. I would like a nice song playing during the slideshow. I am having trouble coming up with the right song. I would like the words to go along with the family theme and am leaning more towards a slow and sentimental song than something really upbeat. She likes all music, including hymns and country. The only song I have come up with so far is Josh Groban's "You lift me up" but am not sold. Also, the longer the song, the more pictures I can add! Thanks for your suggestions!! (If you know the name of singer as well as song, it would help me out)

Definately 100 years like Katy H suggested! GREAT song, I've seen a slideshow put to that song and it was perfect! I also like Don't Blink by Kenny Chesney! Have fun!

Oh, I LOVE making slideshows!! We do one every year at Christmas for both sides of our family. Some I really like (and am using this year) is 100 years by Five For Fighting, Louis Armstrong's What A Wonderful World, Ordinary Miracle by Sarah Maclachlan, In My Daughter's Eyes by Martina McBride, I Hope You Dance by LeeAnn Womack....have fun on your project!!! :)

I love making slideshows too. I made a really nice one of the kids for my mother in law for Christmas last year. I used two songs by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole. They were Somewhere Over the Rainbow and Wonderful World. You have probably heard these renditions before. I love them. They are done by a well known Hawaiian singer on his ukulele. You can hear them on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0xoMhCT-7A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1bFr2SWP1I

I like how they are similar in style so if you put them together it can almost sound like one very long song. ;)

Good luck on your video!

"The Breath You Take" by George Strait would be perfect for that!

Personally I LOVE Allen Jacksons song "remember when" that may be a lovers kind of song but it really reminds me of family, grandkids and love

"All You Need is Love" by the Beatles

I used Crosby, Stills and Nash's song Teach Your Children for a slideshow I made for my dad's 75th birthday. It was photos of all the kids and grandkids. We were all bawling by the end. Not sure if you are into older folk music, but it is a really nice tune with great harmonies and guitar. Good luck!

I know you said slow, but have you ever listened to Mark Knopfler and EmmyLou Harris sing "This is us"? I LOVE that song... It is a duet about a couple looking through an old photo album remembering their lives together...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-46iWoWSqbk&feature=re...

That isn't the best sounding quality on Youtube, but at least you can get an idea. We have the CD (All the Roadrunning) and it sounds much better of course. At least give it a listen.. there is beautiful piano at the end...

1 / 3