Need a Good Shampoo/conditioner Recommendation

I have thick, wavy, dry hair. I'm looking for a good shampoo, there are so many out there! I"m okay with a more expensive brand, such as Biolage or Pureology or Matrix. I just am wondering which ones you like and why. Thank you!

Thank you! I ended up deciding to try Infusium 23 shampoo/conditioner, along with their leave-in conditioner. I've been using it the past week and LOVE IT! My hair feels so much better already. Thanks again!

I have really thick straight hair. (And I do mean really thick) I use Ganier from Wal-mart. I like it because my hair feels really soft after I use it and it also makes my hair stronger. There are different ones to chose from so you can pick the one that is right for you. Probably something for dry hair. Also have you tried going to a salon and getting a deep conditioning treatment? They really work well.

I have very fine hair that tagles easily- I have found that the shampoo isn't as important as long as it cleans- the best conditioner I have found (at least for me) is Aussie's Moist line- even better than their three minute miracle. Also only wash your hair 2-3 times a week- pull it up on other days to keep it dry in the shower.

I al african american wirh wavy hair and I like Matrix and Carols Daughter. I feel they both have good conditioners and really hydrate my hair. I really don't have to put much mosturizer on my hair after washing. You said your hair was dry, Do you use a leave in conditioner? This is key for keeping my hair from being dry. I use Carol's daughter Koret Amen leave in hydrater. It's wonderful!

Oddly enough, Fantastic Sams has a great shampoo and conditioner that makes your hair super soft and you can use it every day. It's Fantastic Sams brand and just ask for the moisturizing conditioner/shampoo. Safe for color too.

Chemically, most shampoos are made the same. Unless you go with organic shampoos; they all have chemicals that can damage your hair and you won't realize it. Try to stay away from shampoos with Sulfates and that alone should help.
Also It may seem strange but try putting a little bit of baking soda in your shampoo. It will help remove the build up of chemicals without stripping or drying your hair out. Make sure your rinse well. If your hair still seems dry try adding a tiny bit of coconut oil in your hair. A little goes a long way! One more thing... if you hair and skin are dry, you may need to take some fish oils; Omega 3's. They really work for me.

Patti W.... Shaklee is FAR from all natural and it contains sulfates.

Hi B.,

The Envia line has many different shampoos for various types of hair, yours included. My girls and I all use several of them because of the different types of hair we have. Let me know and I can get you information on where to get it. It's an online company.

I use Redken 5th Avenue NYC... they have a variety to chose from but I use their Real Control (nourishing repair for dense/dry/sensitized hair) which is my favorite, I have used their All Soft (softness for dry/brittle hair) but with the thickness of my hair Real Control works the best :) I buy it at the salon where I get my hair cut, cost about $10 per bottle but it lasts about 3 months and my hair is so nice now. I believe they also have something for curly/wavy hair but my hair is barely wavy & dries straight so have never tired it. I buy it at the salon and have not searched for it other places so you may just have to look at random stores and salons to find it.

Before I got pregnant I used Tresemme and my hair, even though very thick, it worked really well. After my pregnancy my hair was still super thick but seemed drier and Tresemme (even the kinds for dry hair) just were not working as well so I asked my hair dresser for a new product and she suggested Redken and I have my old soft, shiny hair back :)

HI B.,
I too have thick, wavy, dry hair. I love FC5 haircare. My background is in hair & makeup, I am super picky about both. And if I'm not careful about haircare I come out of the shower with frizzy, out of control, BIG hair. I also have 5 little ones all with different hair types & they can all use it too.

It has no parabens, propylene glycol, SLS, petrolatum, etc. And leaves your hair hydrated, shiny & manageable.I have tried MANY on the market, and hate pouring money into products that don't work. You can see more details about the shampoo & conditioner at www.naturallylovely.myarbonne.com Take care, G

I don't have curly hair but I can recommend a conditoner.....REDKIN BUTTER TREATMENT. It works great for my dry hair, which is medium course. I use it a almost everyday.

1 / 3