Need a Good Overnight Diaper Solution for a Heavy Wetter

My 8 month old son weighs about 21 pounds and is just an angel. He is currently wearing a size 5 diaper (pampers) during the day which works great. The problem is at night. He sleeps 7 pm to 7 am and I have yet to find a diaper that can hold all his urine at night without soaking his pajamas and bed. I have tried size 6 diapers and huggies overnight diapers in size 5. Without waking him up to change his diaper in the middle of the night, does anyone else have other suggestions or solutions that have worked for them?

Thank you everyone for your responses! I got so many great ideas! What has worked the best for my son is #1: folding down the front waistband inside the diaper and #2 double diapering. He has been dry the past few mornings! I don't think I would have ever thought of these ideas on my own so you all saved me a lot of hassle (and money trying new diapers!)

Depending where the leakage is... we used to put a thick overnight maxi pad in my son's diaper for nighttime when we were having frontal leaking issues. We placed it right inside the front band' touching his belly - worked like a charm!

Pampers Cruisers Ultra are available at BJ's. I know Target has a version as well. We LOVE them and I don't have to change the bed every morning. FWIW - DS is now 30 lbs and in sz 4.

My daughter went thru a phase like this and we cut back on the amount of liquid 1.5 hrs before final diaper/PJ/bedtime, which helped tremendously.

diaper doublers. the best product ever. and then unilever stopped making them. i swear i considered buying the manufacturing equipment from them.

i searched the internet and bought a case from a store in....Alaska. I wish I had some left over to give you; but really, they're just like maxipads. so try putting one of those in there ea. night. once i started the diaper doublers, i didn't have to change the crib sheet every day and that was certainly nice. good luck.

Pampers has a new Over night diaper that they just came out with that has seemed to work for my son :) So i would suggest that.

My son (10 months) was waking every morning soaked... we tried everything with no luck. We tried cloth diapers, Huggies, Pampers, Luvs, etc. etc. Then a friend of mine suggested the Target brand (they are called "UP and UP" and the box has an arrow on it)...
They work! I'm not even kidding you!! Cheaper than the rest, more absorbent, cute (blue and green polka dots) and I swear to you no leaks!! I now recommend them to all my friends. I will travel out of my way to Target before I spend more money on lesser quality diapers ever again! My boy is in a size 4 (23-37 lbs)and we get 82 diapers for $13 and change...
I believe they are the BEST diaper out there! Yeaaaa
Target!
PS I'm not sure if you are local or not but I would even be willing to let you have a diaper or two to try if you want to...let me know!!

My son had this problem too! I wound up using the GoodNites pull-ups style diapers. They were tough to get on as is, so I would cut the side open, slip it on, and then use a piece of duct tape to seal the diaper. Sounds extreme, but a dry bed and jammies in the AM was worth it!

We have good luck with Huggies overnights, but when we run out we use two regular diapers. Maybe you could try a regular diaper with two overnights, then try two overnights if that doesn't work. Congrats on the sleeping, though -- 12 hours! What a gift :)

Try the overnites in size 6 (they can be hard to find). Also, put them up higher in front and lower in back than you would during the day - he's not going to poop. Even the overnites don't carry the urine all the way to the back. Good luck - the next step we're going to try with my son is pull ups.

1 / 3