Need a Good OBGYN

I was just wondering if anyone can recomend me a good obgyn in Philadelphia. Since i just moved here i am not sure where to go or where to look. Thank you so much.

EVERYONE!!!!! Thank you sooooo much for your responses. I realy appreciate your advices!!!! Thank you so much again.

My OB/GYN practice is called Deeney, Cleary, DeFillipis, and Halpern and they are located not far from Philly, depending on where you live, at Holy Redeemer Hospital on Huntingdon Pike in Abington Township. Its is right outside of Fox Chase and they are absolutely fabulous. There phone number is ###-###-####. They are actually behind the hospital in the Medical Building in Suite 118. Hope this helps!

Stacy Lexow, M.D.
7996 Oxford Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19111
###-###-####

She's wonderful. Really takes her time with you. She delivered our son and I wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

When I lived in the Northeast I went to Dr. Joel Kramer. He has an office on Castor Avenue at Cottman Avenue. I'm not sure if his office is still there because I haven't been up that way in a really long time. I went to him for about 8 years and the ONLY reason I stopped going to him was because I moved to Delaware County.

hi S.,

welcome to philly! i am originally from here but i just moved outside philly to the suburbs. i do however work in philly and my doctors are located in center city. i use jefferson heathcare for everything-obgyn/primary care/pediatrician. i love them! they are very thorough, they take time with you and will make sure you feel comfortable and that all your questions and concerns are addressed. you can access them on the web if you just look up jefferson university hospital. they are really great and i have used them for 3 years now. good luck with whomever you choose!

So I have a little inside information, but Jefferson and UPENN doctors all deliver at Pennsylvania Hospital since they have a well-recognised NICU and are mainly a maternity hospital (5 of 7 floors are dedicated maternity)! I had the BEST experience at Pennsylvania Hospital, it is still a teaching hospital, but not as much as Jefferson since it does not have a medical school of its own (so you see docotors not students at Pennsylvania). I ABSOLUTELY love Dr Ewing through Penn OB/GYN and midwifery located on the 9th floor of the Curtis Center. She is amazing! She is the head of her practice and also the head of all the residents at Pennsylvania hospital. She stayed with me throughout my 2.5 hours of pushing, most doctors won't do that!

Good luck with your decision!

I had my son at Pennsylvania Hospitals- I had an emergency C-section at 31 weeks and he spent lots of time in the NICU there and everyone was (and actually still is- we keep in contact with them 1 1/2yrs. later) wonderful. Not to go into details, but everything happened for me within 2 hours and they were kind, reassuring, they informed me of everything that was going to happen and would happen, and all the nursing staff was supper supportive and helpful after it all. The doctors and med students all came in and checked on me and even though my ob/gyn wasn't on at the time, the dr. that did work with me was awesome and she was so calming. It was great.

My ob/gyn is Dr. Michelle Mele. She's located at Women's First which is on 8th and Spruce right across from Pennsylvania Hospital- which is super convenient. All the doctor's there are great (as well as the midwife if that is something you're interested in). The number is ###-###-####. Also, if you are interested in alternative birthing (water birthing, etc) they are very open to that (as well as more conventional methods) and they have wonderful classes for parents to be.

Ask if you have any other questions and good luck.

I agree with the other posters about Jefferson. I had my 4 year old there and it was by far the best out of my 3 birthing experiences. Also agree that Dr. Wolf is amazing. The secret is to get your first appointment, I think all the doctors there are great so take whomever you can get an appointment with first. Once you're in and not a "new" patient anymore, you can try to schedule with Dr. Wolf. That's how I did it! Good luck to you!

As far as I'm concerned the best Obgyn in Philly is Dr. Abigail Wolf at Jefferson Hospital. She is very good at getting to know you first and she doesn't rush you, your exam, or your questions. On the down side, good luck getting an appointment with her, especially if it's your first time seeing her. Good OB's are hard to find, and she's probably becoming a best kept secret.

I hope this helps.
A.

1 / 3