Need a Good (Inexpensive) Location for My Sons 1St B-day Party!

I really need some help on finding a good place to have my sons 1st B-Day party, his Birthday is Jan. 3, which falls on a Saturday, but I also need something inexpensive because it's right after Christmas. I live in an apartment and thought about having it at my complexes club house, but I don't think that is a good place to entertain the older kids that will come to celebrate. I also thought about Chuckie Cheese's but then I was just like eehh on that thought. Any ideas would be much appreciated. By the way I live in Plano.

Thanks in advance

Remember the 1st bday the baby won't remember at all so the location is for you. We either went to a family restr. Or had finger foods in the club house.

We did my son's at McDonalds. It was really "cheap". Also another way to cut cost some people like me. We only pay for the kids to eat. I feel that the party is for the kids and not the adults. Just an idea. Hope it helps.

I'm not sure where you live, but we're having my son's first birthday party this Saturday at Monkey Business in Bedford. It's a great play place for toddlers, and can entertain older kids as well. It's not at all chaotic like Chuck E Cheese. It's $5 per kid over 15 months, plus $50 for the room rental, and adults are free. Also, if you mention you heard about them on mamasource (they have a little ad in the business reviews section) you can save 15% on your party. You should check it out. You can take your little one there to play for free some time (since they're under 15 months). We take Corbin all the time because he has a great time and it doesn't cost us anything. Plus, with it being cold out, we can't go to the park as much, so that's good too.

Hi T.,

I recommend Monkey Business as well! My son loves that place so much that we are considering having his party there as well (he will be five). They have an array of activities for kids of all ages. You should definitely check it out!

We took our daughter for her first birthday to Chuckee E. Cheese. But not their party. take your party there . they don't mind as long as you don't use the party tables. you can download coupons online for pizza and tokens. She had so much fun. Take your cake and presents sit back and have pizza or what have you and let the kids have fun. You will enjoy it also.

We had our child's birthday at home and invited a couple of friends and family. It was a small party and perfect. I would recommend the apartment club house idea, that sounds perfect. You could activities for the older kids, if you feel the need. You could have games-board or cards or coloring or special craft activities for them to do.

Your child won't remember since it is their first birthday. I would recommend not going to a fancy place and spending lots of money on the location. Some place quiet would be the best. Chuck E Cheese is very loud,we've been to parties there before. It is mad house, yes there's a lot for the kids to do. There isn't much privacy cause it is all out in the open.

Not sure where you live but you can try Excite Gym in Highland Village. They are currently running a special on a Mini Party. It's $125 for a 1 hour party. It's up to 20 kids. Their number is ###-###-#### or www.excitegym.com.

Honestly for our daughters 1st b-day we just had like a "family gathering" if you have family in town. Its hard in the winter time to have it somewhere where everyone can enjoy themselves...(cold outside) I would maybe look at a community center or a church fellowship hall and have like a craft activity or let children play old outdoor games(hopscotch , jacks...etc) or board games. Good luck!

Hi, I own Monkey Business Indoor Play & Party Center in Bedford. We host a lot of 1 year old parties cause we have such a great array of activities for all ages. Check out our website for more info (www.monkeybusinesstx.com) or give us a call ###-###-#### and I'll be glad to answer and questions you have. Mention you heard about us on Mamasource and get FREE ice cream with your party!!!

1 / 3