Need a Good Eye Doctor but Do Not Have Vision Insurance

Updated on March 03, 2008
D.D. asks from Dallas, TX

I have medical and dental insurance for my family but we do not have vision insurance. My husband and I both need to go to the eye doctor. The last time we went was in 2006 before moving to Dallas. I live in Dallas near Northpark Mall and would like someone close to my home or near Dallas Theological Seminary where my husband attends school. Since he is a full-time student we do not have much money so I am hoping for someone that is not very expensive and has a payment plan.

• Add your own comment
  • Ask your own question
  • Join the Mamapedia community
  • as inappropriate
  • this with your friends

So What Happened?

I have an appointment with the Vision Clinic in April. I am thankful for all of the responses and will let you know how it goes. It really fits into our budget - $90 to $100 for the exam and the glasses is great. Thank you so much.

answers from Dallas on

You might try calling Dallas Services Low Vision Clinic. It's quite near to the seminary. I used to work there. They have a daycare and an optometrist who specializes in patients with vision loss. However, as employees we got to see her (Dr. Fleming) for our vision needs at a discount. They offer a discount to employees and clients of nonprofit organizations so if your husband is a student at the seminary and the seminary is a nonprofit you should qualify. Give them a call and just ask. Tell them your dilemma. They are a nonprofit and want to help the community. Here's their info:

Dallas Services
They are located on Office Parkway off Haskell Avenue near I-75...very close to the seminary.

answers from Dallas on

I second the reccomendation for the Low Vision Clinic. I have been using them for all of my adult life. They are great. I have a appointment on Thursday. Call soon it will take about 2 weeks for you to get in. It is so worth it!

answers from Dallas on

This is going to sound odd but try Sears or possibly Target. I have had very good luck with Sears and they don't charge a fortune.

Next question: Mammograms and Pap Smears