Need a Good Dentist

Can anyone recommend a good gentle dentist? Not a pediatric one.. I am in SW Austin, but will travel to central or north Austin if I need to. Thanks. J.

Thank you everyone for your responses, I have a good list of dentists to choose from. Now I need to see who is on my insurance. Thank you all so much.

Dr. Anne Lyon is awesome! she is at Manchaca & William Cannon - her website it www.austintoothfairy.com

I love Dr. Tor Guton of Austin Smile Creations. They are at 2724 Bee Cave Rd. Phone number ###-###-#### Dr. Guton is amazingly committed to his craft. They don't over schedule patients. Great attention. Great Service!

My husband just went to Dr. Stewart Williams at 6000 W. William Cannon #A200 (near Escarpment)phone ###-###-####. He really liked him and the office/staff. When looking for a dentist, several people in the area recommended him.

I go to Dr. Kendal Shipp @ Advanced Fmily Dentistry
3415-A El Salido Parkway, ###-###-####. I started going to her when she was in Dental School @ UT in Houston. She is actually a really good friend of mine from High School and very good at what she does. My five year old just had his first denist appointment and did great with no fears.

Drs. David Carr and Bryan Smith are off of Far West Blvd. but are worth the trip central/north. My husband and I have been going to Dr. Carr (Dr. Smith is a new partner and still just as gentle) for almost 20 years and now four of our children go to him. We've had excellent care and their upbeat personalities always lift our spirits for the day. Make sure the receptionist knows you want a gentle hygenist...they are great about making sure you get the care you need.
7007 Hart Lane
Austin, Tx 78731
###-###-####
Once I needed a filling replaced and Dr. Carr was numbing my mouth. He was talking to me and massaging the inside of my cheek and I said...just let me know when you are going to put the needle in...He said, "I'm already finished!" I didn't even feel it... :)

I like Dr James Mcgee on So. Lamar, across from Sun Harvest.
I started there 9 years ago when I was pregnant and needed a root canal. They were ok with me using my homeopathics and going easy on their gas/pain killers.

Just went to visit my dentist today as a matter of fact! Dr. Neal Shah is wonderful. Very Zen.. ;)

He's located at 3307 Northland Drive Suite 230 (next to the Randalls..near Chez Zee) ###-###-####

http://www.austindentalarts.com

Warmly,

Hi J.. My husband and I both love our dentist. We have been going to him for almost 5 years and highly recommend him. His office is directly across Highland Mall. I also live in SW Austin and really don't mind the little drive because he is such a great doctor. His staff is also very friendly, warm and caring. They treat us like we are family.

His name is Dr. Steve Parker ###-###-####).
One Highland Center, Suite 500
314 Highland Mall Blvd
Austin, Texas 78752

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Dr. Michael Rathmell is a wonderful dentist. I have always hated having to go to the dentist but I don't have a problem when I go to him. He is in South Austin on Ben White just to the west of South Austin Hospital.

1 / 3