Need a Doctor for Bioidentical Hormones

I am going to my general practioner and he's clueless and went to an endocrinologist and he won't do biodenticals just the traditional hormones, so I need to find someone that has actually been to that doctor and they helped them with their hormones. I have been to 3 doctors now and spending tones of savings and still with all the perimenopausal problems. Will travel to from frisco, plano, carrollton, lewisville, flower mound, dallas area. Thanks

Thanks for your help ladies. I already read the book breakthrough and liked it but I didn't want to go to another doctor listed in the book unless someone had been to them already and liked them. Accepting normal aging is one thing but my symtoms are horrible, nightsweats, hot flashes, dry skin, dry hair, brittle nails, hair falling out, acne and never had acne before, foggy thinking, can't remember anything, no energy, can't sleep and the list goes on....so I need some help. Anways, I actually called three of the places listed, thanks so much!!!

Dr. Margaret Christensen http://www.christensencenter.com/. She is a board certified OB-GYN, but now practices functional medicine based on what she discovered with her own health. She is located in Dallas.

I don't live in your area, but you might want to look into a homeopathic dr. My mom uses bioidentical hormones and they have helped her a TON! She see's a homeopathic dr. We are both very into natural remidies and do not ever take meds unless we HAVE to. I am hypothyroid and I now see a homeopathic dr. for it and I have seen a huge improvement

maybe he's not clueless, just one of many doctors who have concluded that bio-identicals are a Very Bad Idea.
i was intrigued and looked into them carefully. it's so tempting. but ultimately i decided to allow my body to do what it's designed to do, which includes experiencing menopause and grey hair.
i apologize for straying from your actual question into opinion. sometimes these opinions just don't want to stay mute!
khairete

Try a functional medicine doctor. Www.suzannemackmd.com. She is wonderful! Main office is in Denton. But she offices out of a Dallas clinic one day a week. She's the best!

Hi T.---I use a doctor who is a board certified internist but practices integrative medicine. She is able to prescribe bioidentical hormones for me. I had considered a Naturopath, but they are not licensed to write prescriptions in the state of Michigan. So that's your first question...who can write the script.

I 'googled' integrative doctors in your town and this is one of the sites that came up. Take some time to look at all of the search results and then start interviewing these healthcare professionals over the phone. Good luck...Be well D.

http://myhealthydoctor.com/antiaging.php

I use Dr. Chri Riegel. He's at Midway & Parker near Plano Presby. ###-###-####. He accepts most insurance as well. Good luck!

Southlake Hormonal Wellness Center. Her name is Terri Suresh - she's awesome! Don't have the number on me, but you can google it. Good luck!

My mother was prescribed hormones for menopause. She took the prescription to a holistic pharmacy and they made her a cream that was suppossed to be bioiodentical. Maybe you could try something like that. She does this with everything now.

1 / 3