Need a Disposable Diaper Solution for a Size '7' - Beaverton,OR

Hi Moms,

I need a disposable diaper solution for a child that has essentially outgrown Huggies size 6 diapers (and is allergic to Pampers Cruisers size 7). My child just turned 2 and is not quite ready for potty training, therefore, I need to find a diaper solution that is bigger than his current size 6 to accommodate his waistline. Any recommendation would be appreciated, thanks!

Thanks so much to everyone for your suggestions. We did decide to purchase the Huggies Pull Ups yesterday and so far they are working great. I was shocked that they even worked at night without leakage (the store we purchased them from did not have the night time Pull Ups). Thanks again!

We had to start using pullups before my son was 2 (we have a VERY tall family). There's daytime pullups and Overnights.... which worked well for us. Name brand pullups don't LOOK like it, but they actually have velcro up the sides. They also hold a lot of liquid. (Kiddo wasn't potty trained until age 3).

I like the 'huggies' brand pull-ups.. better than pampers... I was a big user of pampers, then pampers baby-dri for both my kids (luvs). Have you tried baby-dri or luvs?? they may fit slightly differently and be something you could use for awhile. they have a more hourglass type layout - moreso than the cruisers.

but I like how the huggies cars pull ups hold up to spills and leaks. - but as the other posters have mentioned.. they are not intended to hold as much as a diaper so you change them more often. and then I did use real diapers overnight.. so this is a daytime solution...

lastly- with my second son - 3.. I have recently been using the Fred Meyer brand pull-up and like just as well as the huggies and it's soo much cheaper.

good luck.

they make diapers for big kids who still pee the bed. Can't remember what they are called but they are more expensive.

We, too, had had the same problem finding diapers for our son, who just turned three. (He finally started using the potty this weekend. Whoo Hoo! :) We were using disposable training pants as that was all that would fit him. Most brands have velcro sides, but one that doesn't is Pampers Easy Ups. Due to the nature of the design, as training pants are intended to hold accidents while potty training, they don't hold as much. Thus, they leak more often. Unfortunately, makers of diapers don't seem to realize that there are bigger kids out there, that or there just isn't enough of a profit in it for them. Hope this helps!!

Start potty training him!!! Get yourself a potty chair and put it on the floor in the bathroom near the toilet. Everytime you go or Dad goes, he goes. You sit and read a book together. You buy pull-ups or thick cotton training pants along with sweat pants or another type of elastic waist banded pants that make it easy for him (and you) to push down and pull up when he needs to go to the bathroom. You reward him for a job well done and consecutive days without a day time accident. Hurrying to the bathroom and not quite making it is not an accident, he was trying to get there!! Two year old kids are more than ready to be potty trained. You just have to provide them the tools for success. And yes, it's going to take extra work on your part, like more laundry for a while, but it will be a limited time frame. Cotton training pants work best because it's uncomfortable when they're wet, and nothing trains quicker than discomfort. Little girls do really well with rayon/nylon panties, they're pretty and they are extremely uncomfortable when damp.
Model the behavior you want them to have, in short, share the bathroom with them. Little boys at this age don't need to stand and aim in the toilet, they aren't tall enough yet to clear the toilet bowl. A potty chair on the floor where they remain seated for the entire performance is best for you and them, success is achievable.

When your child has outgrown the diaper sizes available, it's definitely time to potty train.

Pull Ups are what you need and there are overnight pull ups which i used a lot.. forget diapers.. needs to be potty training.. I know it is tough but, i did it my daughter is 2 and i also have a 9 month old.. Good Luck..
It is awesome.. No more diapers.. no more rashes..

The only diaper that would fit my daughter at that size is Goodnights - They weren't ideal but we had to use them. They are pullups - and worked ok for poop.

Search online for children's diapers for incontenence (when you have little or no control over urine). They do make diapers for all sizes of children & adults. I found some online that were not too expensive, but never purchased them because we decided to try potty training our almost 3 y/o, then never needed to buy more diapers.

God bless!

1 / 3