Need a Bottle That Will Feel like a Breast

My situation is the following. I'm feeding my son with breast, but will need to leave him for a week, when he will be 6 months old. After that I'm going to continue breast feeding. So I'm looking for a bottle that will make the transition from breast to bottle and back to brast as easy for my son as possible. Can you advice the ideal bottle for me? I'm thinking of Tommee Tippee or Adiri. Are they good?

The Tommee Tippee worked for my little guy. He is my third, so I had tons of kinds of bottles already, when I went back to work, he was 4 1/2 m, he refused to take a bottle. I got the Tommee Tippee and he took it better than the others...though it still took some time. He takes it fine now, but only after I used it to feed him a number of times. It seems to be more the association with mom and mom's smell, cuddle and warmth than the actual bottle nipple. Good Luck!!

I am a daycare provider and about 80% of my little ones are still taking breast milk when they come to me. Avent and Playtex (with the silicone nipple) have worked well. I think the key is introducing the bottle early on. I've never had a kiddo in my care that started refusing the breast, they will take the bottle just fine but prefer Mamma!

Good Luck.

my daughter loved playtex nurser but they dont make it like they used to, my newest one used the nuby 3stage grow with me trainer cup thing its a vari flow bottle spout and also has a sippy spout we used the breast flow but had issues with the double nipples and went to the soothie then the nuby, if you have any ? jusy msg me but i will say by 6mo he may not be latchin any more thats when mine quit I pump so he still gets bmilk good luck hope u find one hat works

We started out with the First Years Breast Flow bottles. At 3 or 4 months he quit taking them and we ended up switching to the Gerber Nuk bottles. We NEVER used anything but the low flow nipples. I've talked to a few moms who've had their babies quit taking the bottles they started with at about that age and had to switch

We bought Tommee Tippee and Born Free for our baby due in a few months. I plan to breastfeed also but just wanted to have them on hand just in case. My current youngest was breastfed and when she was old enough I used MAM bottles, I loved them. We still have them, which is why I didn't need to buy any.

My cousin used Born Free for her son and uses them now with her daughter, she breastfed both.

Both my kids transitioned easily with Playtex Nursers. They make a nipple that is tan color and is for breastfed babies. I've had several mom's tell me they've used the same bottle in the beginning. Good luck!

Well, we're on our 3rd child. After experimenting with Avent and Playtex, it seems the consensus in our family is Gerber Nuk bottles. They are very inexpensive, so even if they don't work it's not a huge hit on your wallet. I know they say to look for a nipple close to your own.But really, no nipple on the market looks like mine. Althought, the Nuk is similar in size to mine, so maybe look for one similar in size/diameter.

We tried like 8 different bottles with my daughter, including adiri. She never really took a bottle well. With my newborn son we tried nuk and he does well with that one. My sister's babies did the playtex ventair. I think you just have to start early and some of it is luck.

1 / 3