Natural Stomach Cleanse for My 19 Month Old Son...

Hello!
For the past week I've noticed that my sons breathe has been smelling not to pleasant. We brush & floss his teeth (as much as we can) at least 2 times a day. Also, he's had a hard time going #2 for the past week so i'm assuming him not being able to go #2 very well is making his tummy dirty which is ultimately making his breathe smell. I heard prune juice with a little bit of sprite is good for a tummy cleanse BUT my son has never had soda and if i can keep it that way and give him something else, that'd be great!! Thank you in advance!!

P.S. He eats VERY well. We dont have any problems with fruits and veggies. He's had an ALL NATURAL diet since birth so he loves them.I think the only reason he's been constipated is because he had a few french fries for the first time the other day and i dont think his stomach was able to handle it since its not use to it.

THe kids section at Whole foods has high grade cod liver oil - lemon flavored (smells good!). Give him a teaspoon of that at night before bed, and he should have to poop in the morning. if not, another teaspoon! a few days of that, and he should be good to go!

Hi there -

Have you considered giving him some children's probiotics for his tummy? I would definitely consult a doctor first however my doctor who is also a homeopath has recommended probiotics for my son who is much younger. Her website is www.drfeder.com

M.,

I'm with you on not giving soda to kids as well. My almost 3 years old has had soda maybe 2x (at the hand of her grandparents :o)

What if you mix the prune juice with some club soda, or a natural sparkling juice?

Hope that all systems are go soon!

Be blessed,

XO

Hi.
My son use to have bad breath and our dr said it was due to a cold/sinus thing he had going on. I wouldn't do any type of "cleanse" without talking to your doctor first.

I would recommend lots of water to help with constipation... increase his green veggies (or supplement with liquid chlorophyll which has been shown to be an internal cleanser). I had a bf with really bad breath and I put him on the chlorophyll and it worked like a charm! I could kiss him lol. Check on any contraindications for kids, but I highly doubt there would be any since it's in all green veggies... keep it small amounts though and it will turn whatever you give him bright green! Maybe try reading green eggs and ham to him so he doesn't balk at the idea of something green?

Hi there -

try lots of water, pears.. and maybe plain yogurt w/o any fruit

he may have a tonsil infection , or ear infection. id take him to the doc . To relieve constipation gently try yo baby yogurt twice a day with 1/4 more clear liquids , sugar free , h20 is best . When constipation clears 1 time a day is sufficient.
sorry for no caps one handed typing with baby on lap :)

Hello M..

I would start with a basic suppository that you can get from the drug store that goes in the back end first. See if he gets back to normal after that. If not, then try the prune juice. Perhaps he is getting too much iron from some source.

Best of luck

1 / 3