Natural (Chemical-free) Sunscreen

I've had such good responses from my questions that I thought I'd try again. I have tried various sunscreens from the health stores that do not have the Oxybenzone or other chemicals in question. The problem is that they are so thick and chalky...and hard to rub into your skin. Does anyone have any brand they really like? I've tried Burt's Bees and Sun as well as another I don't recall. Do you have any tips to make these types work better? I figured if you used a little water that it would lessen the effectiveness.

Hi I use the sun screen products from Melaleuca we are all very fair and they are the only thing that I like and they work Want more info let me know

I think the Blue Lizard Baby is pretty easy to spread. Not too thick. I haven't had dryness problem like the previous poster said.

Wasn't this question just posted yesterday or the day before?

Go here for a list of best-to-worst sun screens:
http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/special/sunscreens2008/f...

DON'T GET ARBONNE, it's rated at a 7/10 - hazzardous!!! YUCK:( You want 0-2.

Okay I am not going to help, but to add another question on to this one. We have tried using "good for you" sunscreens, with only physical sunscreens. Lately we have been using Blue Lizard (I have tried sport, sensitive, and baby versions). They make all of us get dry skin and itch terribly. I am willing to deal with some whitening and being hard to rub in, but this dryness is driving us crazy. My son and I have sensitive skin, but my daughter does not and we have all had this reaction. It did not start until we started using this daily, as we are always outdoors. Has anyone else had this problem? or have a solution? I have 4 tubes of blue lizard baby, so I really want to be able to use it. thanks.

K., I'm with Amber on the Arbonne sunscreen. It's PABA-free and paraben-free (artificial preservatives that age your skin). BabyCenter.com has an article written by a pediatric dermatologist on this topic, and Dr. Treadwell recommends a chemical-free (or physical) sunscreen for babies and toddlers b/c the sunscreen isn't absorbed by the skin. She also recommended an SPF of at least 15, but preferably 30. Arbonne's sunscreen contains zinc oxide (a physical sunscreen) and is SPF 30+. It's a little thinner than most sunscreens because it contains no mineral oil (it also seems to last forever). My son has very sensitive skin and tolerates this sunscreen very well. In fact, Arbonne's baby care line has completely turned his skin around (i.e., eczema). If you'd like more information on the sunscreen or any of the baby items, send me a private message. Have fun this summer, and enjoy your time outdoors!

Update...So, I went to the website posted by Sarah concerning product safety, and the sunscreen listed for Arbonne is not for babies. The ingredients listed are not the active ingredients for babies. I appreciate knowing this resource is there, though, and will keep it in mind for the future. Thanks!

Have you tried any Arbonne products? I recently went to a party and the sunscreen for babies was highly recommended and ofcourse the ingredients are all natural.

Have you tried Neutragena Sunscreens? I'm pretty sure they are a more "natural" type of sunscreen. I know they have a new baby one out too. Even though your kids are not babies, the baby one might be more "gentle".

Go to www.safemama.com for a list of "safe" and natural sunscreens. We use TruKids Sunny Days and love it.

1 / 3