Name of a Plant

I am trying to find out the name of a plant if anyone is fimiliar with this kind of plant please tell me the name of it. When I was married to my first husband we had a plant on the side of our house. It was a vine plant and had a pod on it and you let to pod dry out and take the outside of the pod off and it was a transparent leaf inside with seeds. It is really pretty and I have seen it in stores to buy fake but the real thing anybody got any ideas.

Thank you everyone for telling me the name of the plant and being so helpful and willing to send me some seeds thanks again.

Are you talking about a Money Plant? Lunnaria annua is the latin name, I think. It gets clear discs that have the seeds inside them? They are fairly easy to grow but they are an annual so it starts from seed every year and will die back completely. They are nice for dried arrangements.

Hi A. P, I'm A. P. also, but I'm 55, retired and home with hubby, dog, and cat. We had a plant that my aunt grew many years ago that sounds a lot like what you described, except I'm not sure ours was a vine. We called it the "silver dollar" plant because after it dried and we took off the pod covering, the transparent membrane that the seeds were next to looked like silver-white coins. I'm not sure it's the same as your vine and I don't know the official name. Sorry. Good luck finding out. If anyone knows where I could get seeds for the "silver dollar" plant, please let me know too!

God Bless,
A. P.

PS someone had a link to Burpee seed co where I found a photo of the money plant

UHm, as as botanitst I would need more concise information to tell you exactly what you are looking for, but here is a list of a two that it might be:

Wisteria, if it had very fragrant purple and white flowers that hung in grape like clusters.

Trumpet Vine, if it had birght orange to red waxy trumpet shaped flowers that were about a quarter big in size and two to three inches long. It doesn't smell fragrant, but it is pollinated by ants.

Wysteria? maybe?? what color does it flower?

Hi A.-

It sounds like Money Plant to me. I have a million volunteers coming up in my yard right now if you would like some of my plants. I will gladly share them with you. Just email me back and we can make some arrangements.

K. Moore

Isn't it called a Money Tree. I believe so that is what my grandmother call them and she loves plants. Hope this helps

Hi A.!
Sorry I can't help you with the name of your plant, but I think a good place to call is Valley View Farms. Every Sunday they do a Sunday gardener thing on WBAL with Kerry Engel & she's very knowledgeable (not sure if I spelled that right). I think they're on York Rd. in Timonium, or that basic area. You can actually e-mail the station & hope for a response or just call Valley View Farms.

We had it growing wild when I was small. I don't know the botonical name, but we called it money plant. Enjoy every year and make the most of it. Time goes by so quickly, you'll be 10, then 20 years older and wonder where the time went. Embrace your age. Julia

1 / 3