Name Brand Vs. off Brand Formula

We are currently using Enfamil with Lipil, but I noticed at Sam's that there is an off brand they say is comprable to Enfamil with Lipil and tons cheaper. Is it okay to use an off brand formula?

Hey B., I shop at Sam's as well, and when I saw that formula I compared it to Enfamil Lipil. It seemed almost identical so I have used it ever since with no probs. I've asked around and everyone has said go for it! Hope that helps! A.

Hey B.! I just noticed this formula about a week ago! I love it! My son is 7 months old and been on store brand for 6 of those months! Just depending if I was closer to Target or Wal-Mart to pick it up. I like the Sam's brand because it shakes up better. With the Target and Wal-Mart brand, if you didn't shake it up for what seemed like forever with a screaming kid it would leave clumps. This just shakes up so easy! We bought it last Friday and my son takes anywhere from 5 to 7 bottles a day, and we are just now a little past half way! I would recommend it!! Hope this helps!

We bought the Sam's stuff for my daughter and it was a little harsh on her belly. My daughter had acid reflux though and I am sure that had a lot to do with it. I would definitely try to save the money. Worse case if you buy from Sam's and it hurts his belly Sam's will take it back. They will take back most everything. Good luck!

We used Parents Choice (Wal Mart) w/ our daughter and now use it with our son. As others are telling you, the ingredients are the same, so save yourself the money. At my son's last visit, the nurse said, "I love that stuff" when I told her which formula we use.

My son really likes the Target brand as well. He is on soy and the Target brand is tons cheaper. He actually did better on that than the expensive brand. I have had several friends who have used it as well and liked it.

I did not have any issues with Target brand formula. It is just a little harder to mix, but my son never had any issues with it. He didn't even notice the change when we switched him to Target brand. I did have issues with the Parent Choice brand though. I had several cans where the cans were no where near full and the formula would gather in large clumps at the bottom no matter how much you shook it. I asked my pedi before i switched and she said that as long as my son didn't have any reactions to it, then to go ahead and try it.

I tried off brands and always went back to enfamil. As soon as I opened the can I noticed the difference. It was that wet sand type texture and it was harder to mix and made my daughter throw up more. I found it was worth the little extra more for it. Plus a can of it lasted longer than the off brands I noticed too.

Ask your pedi, but mine actually asvised me to stick with the name brand.

My twins were practically raised the first year on the Parent's Choice from Walmart. When I told the PEDI she said, great save yourself some money instead of giving it to Enfamil. Formula is regulated by the FDA so it must meet certain standards regardless of who produces it. We had absolutely no problems with mixing ( I always warmed the water a little in the microwave before adding the powder so maybe it helped with the disolving process) and my boys both spit up a lot less when we stopped using Enfamil. You can always try one can, it won't hurt your son to switch back if you're not satisfied with the results.

1 / 3