My Uterus Is Mainly on My Left Side

I haven't been able to see my doctor just yet (1st appointment scheduled next Wed.), but I'm a bit weirded out that my uterus is pretty much on my left side. Thankfully, though, my belly doesn't really show it that way. Any other bellies growing a little awkwardly?

I'm 31 weeks pregnant and my belly is leans to the right. I'm pretty sure no one else can tell, but I sure can!!

I wouldn't worry about it at this point. I am 19 weeks preg and noticed mine seemed off center when I could first feel it too. I think it is partly because this is kid #2 so things are already a little stretched out in there, even though it was 7 years ago for you. Mine feels much more symmetrical now - I suspect yours will straighten out as it gets bigger too.

Happy pregnancy!

OH geez, i'm all tilted and tucked under and lobsided too. ha ha ha. I believe it doesn't matter in relation to the health and delivery of your child, and the body 'evens' out if you can even notice any issues to begin with.

My OB/Gyn told me that when your pregnant that your uterus actually twists to the left. So you so pretty normal to me. As long as your baby is healthy, I wouldn't worry how your belly looks!! Good luck!

My sister's uterus is heart shaped. She carried her first girl on the left part, the second girl on the right, and the next girl, and only boy evenly....weird.

At 16 weeks your uterus should only be about halfway between your belly button and your pubic bone, so I am surpised you are able to notice this. It's probably more other things being pushed out of the way than the uterus only being on that side. Everyone's body is different though, and the uterus is essentially free-floating (it is attached only by some small ligamentes, it is very mobile) so it is not that unusal to be off center a bit.

1 / 3