My Two Year Old Complains of Leg Pains

my two year old son has been complaining of leg pains. i dont know if it is a muscle cramp or what it is he seams to limp when it hurts and i noticed that he has been waking up at night with i am geussing the pain also because he tells me hurts but dont say where. i notice that he gets the pain the most when he is getting up from sitting or out of the tub or when he gets out of bed and down from the dinner table. any advice on what might be goinh on?

My now 4 year old went through the same thing, and my son who is 2 and a half also does this every now and then. I have come to the conclusion that it is growing pains. My 4 year old outgrew it by the age of 3 and a half.

When my kids get leg cramps I take a sock and fill it with rice, tie a knot in the end and heat it in the microwave for about a minute or less and use it as a heat pack. It works great.

I would take him to the doctor. About a week ago this happend to my friend and they had to give her son antibotics. I hope this helps!

Could be growing pains my sons legs use to hurt when he would wake up in the morning.

My oldest (she's now 15) and my 7 year-old had the same problem, and it helped to put warm compresses on their legs or have them walk around or massage them. I believe it could be growing pains. Both of my girls who suffered through them are very tall and my 9 year-old never had the problem and she's little. I'd also check it out just in case it's something more serious.

my first guess is growing pains. but i also remember when my brother was younger, he would wake up crying and in so much pain. the doctors said he actually had a calcium deficiency. he had to drink more milk. but that was over 20 years ago now, so i don't know what's up to date or not. hope that helps.

Hello C.!

I had these problems when I was younger! What the doctor told me to do was eat a banana! Something about potassium and growing. Also they told me to make sure I drink pleanty of H2o! Sounds weird but when I didnt drink enough or have my banana for the day, thats when those nasty pains came! I hope this works for your son!!

Hi C.!
I remember having leg pains myself as I was growing and being told it was normal "growing pains". Aparently, as I was told by my daughter's peadiatrician in Europe, this is no longer considered a valid argument and that there is usually a cause behind it. In fact, I myself was diagnosed with scoliosis when I was 11. So, I would definitely look into it if I were you.
Best of luck!

1 / 3