My Toddler Has Sweaty feet....Are Crocs Worth the Money?

Ok, here's my question. With another summer approaching I'm hoping to avoid the "foot peeling" we had last summer. My son has extremly sweaty feet. The bottoms peel off all summer long. Last year the Dr. said to get him leather insoled sandals or Crocs. My Doctor recomended Crocs due to the material they are made out of (vs the generic ones) He has nice leather sandals but he needs everyday play in the dirt sandals. So I guess my question is are Crocs really worth the $40? (I looked the price up online for the the pair I like). They have these great new ones called Otter that look like your everyday sandal not the normal Crocs. Does anyone have any experience with Crocs? Also other helpful hints would be aprreciated on the sweaty feet. We do antiperspirant(the night before as recommened by Dr), powder, changing socks in the winter, etc....
Thanks in advance for all you helpful hints & words of advice!

There are also some great, locally made shoes called Cloggens. They are from Lake Oswego. They are similar to Crocs, and the good materials, but cuter and less dangerous. I don't know which stores carry them, but you can google them and see all the styles and where to get them. I like Crocs, but I LOVE Cloggens.

www.cloggens.com or ____@____.com

They have childrens, mens and womens shoes. Cute, cute and totally non-stinky, non-sweaty.

Yes they are defiantly worth it. Both my kids have sweaty feet and I found that croc's really have helped them with this issue in the summer time. Hope this helps and I hope you have a wonderful Mother's day next Sunday.

Crocs have a "no smell" guarantee on them. So they won't make his feet stink for one thing. I see a podiatrist and he actually recommended them. So not only are they "non" sweaty or "non" smelly, but they are also ergonomically correct for his feet unlike most sandals. They also will last quite a long time. The cheaper ones aren't made with the same material or the same "support" I guess you could say, so they aren't made as well. I say yes they are absolutely worth the money and will keep his feet cool and fresh and they are actually good for his feet!

Seriously, buy the Crocs!!! I have 2 boys (4 and 2), and those seem to be the only shoes they want to wear. I bought my boys crocs online at www.crocs.com for $29.00 each. That does seem expensive, but we have definitely gotten our moneys worth. They are easy to wash (in the sink with soapy water), quick to dry, stay on their feet through most situations, never smell, easy to put on, super-cute, and really comfortable. We love that you can buy Jibbitz to decorate them as well. I bought our crocs about a year ago, and am just now concidering buying some more for the boys.
My youngest son always gets stinky feet when he wears socks with shoes, but I've never noticed his feet stinking from wearing his crocs.
Hope this is helpful to you! By the way, crocs.com has so many different styles to choose from, and an easy measuring guide that you can print. As far as sweaty feet go, a yoga instructor once mentioned soaking feet in water that's been steeped with tea bags, it's supposed to help keep them dry.
http://www.ehow.com/how_###-###-####_treat-sweaty-feet-te...

Honestly, is $40 too much to prevent peeling feet?! That seems like it would be really painful & anything you could do to prevent that would be worth double what Crocs cost! I'd imagine you would save money in the long run without having to buy creams, powders, dr's visits, etc.

As for the reason the Dr. recommend Crocs vs. the imitation ones, is because I believe Crocs have an antimicrobial ingredient in them. I know a lot of the Lands End shoes have the antimicrobial agent as well & I swear by their shoes. I just saw some sandals on their site that have the antimicrobial agent in them for $19.
50.

I've never worn Crocs, nor has my daughter; I think they are ugly. But if my pediatrician told me to get them to help her feet, I'd do it asap. Growing feet need good shoes & I spend more on them than other stuff.

Hello, well last summer I did buy those crocs for my little guy who is now three. I thought that they made is feet sweaty and he actually got sores on his feet. They didn't allow his feet to breathe. I put them away and purchased salt water sandals for him. I think I paid something around $20-25. They were awsome. You can get them either at Nordstrom or Fred Meyer. I was actually at Fred Meyer a few weeks ago and they had a lot. I'm very picky about buying shoes for my children. So I wish you luck.....
L. H.

My son, 3 1/2, has terribly sweaty feet as well. We don't have as severe a peeling problem and it sounds like you are dealing with but talk about a funky smell. Whew! We recently bought him a pair of crocs, which he absolutely LOVES!! And they are great. His feet don't sweat nearly as much, don't smell nearly much. He is a rough and tumble little boy and the shoes are holding up wonderfully.

Another tip, sweaty feet run in my family and I have tried the deodorants. The best that I have found is Secret Gel. The sprays just don't work as well and the sticks leave an icky residue but the Secret Gel is cooling on the feet and doesn't leave a mess in your shoes. My son saw me putting in on my feet one day and wanted to try it too. He loves putting it on now and it is wonderful. No more stinky socks when he wears his tennis shoes. I don't know why I didn't think of trying it on him sooner.

Best wishes!

www.cloggens.com or ____@____.com

I would recommend the Trellos from www.landsend.com. They are similar to the Crocs, but the bottoms have a much different tread than the crocs, PLUS they have a different texture, and they are sooo comfortable. They have an anti-microbial property, which might help with your situation.

I love my trellos, and I get compliments all the time about them. I do believe they are $25, and if you order at the Sears store in the Lands End kiosk, you get them shipped to your home for free! How awesome is that?

Best wishes for a happy outcome.

1 / 3