My Toddler Bruises Easily!

My son is 2.5 and he bruises SO easily. He has little bruises all over his knees and along the front of his calves. Are these just little boy bruises b/c he is so rough and plays with other children or is he anemic like me? I give him a flinstone gummy everyday! And he eats lots of meat.

My son who just turned 4 is the same exact way and always has been from the time he started walking...my almost 2 year old daughter is alot like him but not as bad since she doesnt play as rough...Their pediatrician said it is completley normal especially on the knees and calves. I wouldnt worry... he is just being a typical boy :)

I remember that after my daughter got certain vaccines she was bruising a lot easier for a while. I don't remember which vaccines they were. (Oh I think it was the flu vaccine)

I'd mention it to the doctor. Good luck! ~C.~

My daughter always has horrible legs. If she goes anytime without being covered in bruises we wonder what is wrong with her. My husband took her to a well child appt. once and the doctor told him that if she didn't know any better she would be calling CPS on us. If you feel concerned about it I would recommend talking to your doctor about it. My little is just a major busy body with no fear.lol

You should tell the pedi about it even though it's probably no big deal. If it's bruises from rough and tumble it's normal, but if he gets a bruise from say, holding his ankle while you put on his shoes, it could signify something more serious.

A.
www.greenbabydiaperservice.com

My daughter has the same legs as your son! If she isn't bruised, she isn't having fun - that's our "rule". Somedays it looks like somebody took a stick to her shins and just banged them up. Sh has her iron level checked are her well-Kid appointments and hasn't ever had an issue with it. My guess, his iron is fine especially if he gets his vitamin and eats a balanced meal.

1 / 3