My Son's Feet Are Peeling!

I don't know if this is normal because of his age but his feet peel constantly! He gets alot of dry skin on the sides and bottom f his feet and I don't really know where it came from. He is cruising so he is more active as of late. Because of the recent warm weather, my husband and I have stopped putting shoes and socks on him during the day. However, I take him to my mom's house at 6 in the morning and it is a bit cooler so we put at least socks on him so his feet don't get cold.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to help the peeling? Is there a special lotion I could use? Or should I just be diligent and scrub/lotion his feet often?

Thank you all so much for your responses! I'm glad that this isn't something unusual and my son is a normal little boy (which can be a concern for a first time mom whenever something happens).

What we've decided to do is use a few of the lotions suggested, keep socks off him since the weather is getting warmer, and see what happens. I don't think he has ecxzema but his 1 year appt with his pediatrician is at the beginning of July so we'll discuss it with her if it doesn't improve.

Thanks again for your advice!

My daughter had overactive seat glands which caused her feet to peel and have red spots. Her doctor gave us a cream to put on her feet, look into that maybe. hope that helps.

I agree with the person that says to use aquafor. (sometimes the j&j lotions can agravate skin problems with their added perfumes and such). My neice has the same problem with her skin peeling when the weather changes-she has very bad excema. Try not to bathe every single day if you can avoid it. Don't use harsh soaps, maybe even give an oatmeal bath. I think there is special oatmeal stuff you can buy to add to the bathwater.

It is totally normal for skin on feet and hands to peel in the first year.

I think its normal for them to peel. But if you are concerned, you could try Aquaphor ointment that is very moisturizing. It can be used for many reasons such as dry skin or excema. Give it a try-

Everyone that has recommened Aquaphor, I would have to totally agree with them. It can be purchased at Walmart or Rite Aid. It comes in a white tub with blue and red writing. It might seem on the rather expensive side, but it is worth every penny. My entire household uses it for dry hands, feet, cracked heels, lips, diaper rash - anything and everything. It's our "fix-all." It is kind of goopy and sticky. So after I applied it to his feet, I would put socks on him. Good luck!!

I know that there is a botanically based baby oil that has helped tons of other babies called Arbonne Baby Care Body Oil. You can get it at https://secure.myarbonne.com/arbonne/catherinebell.nsf/p1...

To see it you will probably have to copy and paste the above line into your brownser to see.

I hope that this helps your baby as it has helped lots of others.

Sincerely,

My daughter has the same problem. It is usually better during summer months due to her wearing flip flops. Wearing cotton socks has helped a bit, so her feet can breathe. We make sure she does not sleep with socks on at night. Scent free lotion seems to work better. Like Lubriderm, etc. you can get a generic for cheaper. Good luck.

I would try A&D ointment or vaseline. That helped with our little guys dryness.

1 / 3