My Son's Eyes Keep Watering

I have a minor problem (of course i worry about everything). My son's eyes keep watering for no reason. When he wakes up in the morning he can barely open his eyes properly with all the crust around his lids:((
It is due to the weather being colder (he has developed a cold also). Has anyone else experienced this with their child/children.
Thank you Ladies.

Thank you everyone for all your infomation.

Sounds like conjunctivitis (pink eye). soak his eyelids with cotton pads with boiled (and cooled down) water. That makes the crusts soft so you can clean it. Wash his and your hands very often because it's contageous (sp??). Usualy it's over in a couple of days by itself. Or you can go to the doctor for antibioticum ointment.

Good luck, I.

Sounds like it could be pink eye . . .

Sounds like pink eye or severe allergies. Hopefully you've got it checked out by now. :)

i agree i would check him out for pink eye ... its not ALWAYS pink

A., I can't believe you just posted this because I'm having the same exact problem with my 1-year-old daughter with Down Syndrome. I have posted on some DS sites and most agree that it is the time of year, combined with the fact that DS children's tear ducts easily get clogged. I put a humidifier in her room last night and it was slightly better this morning. My daughter sees her pedi soon and I'm going to ask about it, but you might give yours a call and she what he/she says.

I doubt it is pink eye. Sophie's isn't.

BTW, I always love meeting other moms of children with Down Syndrome. Email me sometime if you want at ____@____.com.

1 / 3