My Pants Won't Stay Up!!

Please help if you can!

I am 6 months pregnant with my 2nd child. All the pants I have keep falling below my belly and I have different types of pants with different types of tummy panels. During my first pregnancy I remember seeing a suspender like gadget that you clip on to your pants and attch it to your bra. I've looked online and can't find it. If anyone out there knows where I can buy this or has another suggestion, please let me know, its getting embarrassing constantly adjusting my clothes in public.

I had the same problem. I bought some pants from old navy-their maternity clothes are very inexpensive. You do have to buy online, but you can return to a store.
Anyway-i got some pants that had belt loops. At first I laughed at the belt loops thinking how silly they were, but then I used a belt with the pants and it worked!

Hi R.,

I had the same problem. I can't understand why they make maternity pants that can't stay up. I bought regular men's suspenders from ebay and wore them under my shirts and sweaters (I was able to do that because my son was born in March. Probably not practical for the summer).

Good luck and welcome to NJ! It does take a long time to adjust but as you meet more moms it will get easier.

Try the bella bands (you can get them at Destination Maternity on Rt. 4 in Paramus!). They are good for when your belly is not quite big enough to hold up your maternity pants and post pregnancy when you are still in those maternity pants because you are not small enough for your regular pants.

As for adjusting to NJ, you will do so in time. Westwood is a lovely town - Sugarflake bakery is a yummy destination! There are a lot of places you can go to to find activities for your son which will help you make some new friends. Try Kids U or ENA gymnastics in Paramus or Music Together class (I did it at Temple Israel in Ridgewood). Your local library probably does toddler or preschool story hours (if no library in Westwood, try the Ridgewood library) which is always a wonderful low or no cost way to play.

I've never seen the suspenders, but that sounds very uncomfortable. I used the Bella Band and it was amazing!
I 100% recommend this!
Best of luck.

1 / 3

Explore Mamapedia

ebay my